Enquiries and freight rates rise
- BROKERAGE NEWS. Kovach, Brad // MotorBoating;Sep2000, Vol. 186 Issue 3, p104
Presents news briefs on ship brokerage industry.
- PASSING ALONG A LOAD? GET BROKER AUTHORITY. Barrett, Colin // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);6/15/2015, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p84
The article presents an answer to a question on when a brokerage authority is required for contract carriers with interstate authority.
- Rotterdam and Antwerp still buoyant. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;7/28/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 3, p26
Reports on the chemical-industry-related activities in the European ports of Rotterdam and Antwerp. Percentage of northwest Europe's imports and exports of base chemicals passing through Rotterdam; Antwerp's chemical storage capacity; Rotterdam's chemical storage sector dominant player;...
- Canada's electronic border clearance said no threat to customs brokers. Saccomano, Ann // Traffic World;9/25/95, Vol. 243 Issue 13, p46
Reports on the effects of Canada's electronic border clearance on customs brokers. Implications on just-in-time deliveries; Participation of Livingston International Inc. in tests of the Accelerated Commercial Release Operations Support System.
- SHIPPER FAILS TO PAY BROKER. Barrett, Colin // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);8/10/2009, Vol. 10 Issue 32, p36
The article provides an answer to a broker's query regarding the legality of bypassing his shipper who failed to pay.
- 10 YEARS AGO. // ICIS Chemical Business;4/16/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 62, p42
This article provides information on events in the chemical industry in 1997. Taiwanese shippers received official approval from China to ship between Kaohsiung and the Chinese ports of Fuzhou and Xiamen. The shippers' agents in China approached the authorities for the licenses. Shippers were...
- The pressure's on as the market slows. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/18/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 71, p32
The article reports a decline in shipping markets across Europe in June 2007. Early June saw a number of requests to move urea ammonia nitrate (UAN) solution from Baltic ports to various locations, including Ghent, Belgium and Rouen, France. At the end of May, there was a slight pick up in the...
- Markets cool but vessels are still full. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;1/17/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2130, p16
Reports on the condition of several chemical shipping routes and markets as of January 17, 2005. Baltic Sea; North Sea; Mediterranean routes.
- Deregulation Puzzle. Cottrill, Ken // Traffic World;4/19/99, Vol. 258 Issue 3, p35
Focuses on the concerns of Lipo Chemicals on the impact of deregulation upon its transportation needs in Paterson, New Jersey. Freight-rate increases of shippers in transpacific trades in May 1, 1999; Annual number of shipped containers to Latin America; Flexibility of service contracts.