Prices waver during inactive week
- Business as usual in steady markets. // ICIS Chemical Business;12/18/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 47, p46
The article presents updates on trends in the chemical industry. Contract discussions take centre stage, but Europe is quiet with players absent. Olefins availability starts to improve, while a fire at an aromatics facility in Asia shunts up prices. Open-spec spot naphtha cargoes in Europe were...
- cw price report. // Chemical Week;1/19/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 2, p39
Presents an update on the prices of chemical products in the U.S. and Europe as of January 2005. Impact of cracker outages on the olefins market; Increase in butadiene contract prices; Reasons behind the price increase of U.S. aromatic compounds.
- cw price report. // Chemical Week;6/15/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 20, p30
Presents an update on the prices of chemicals in the U.S. and European market as of June 2005. Reasons behind the stability of U.S. olefins spot prices; Increase in prices of aromatics in the U.S.; Decline in contract prices of European benzene.
- Markets follow fluctuating crude. Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;1/29/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 51, p32
The article offers world news briefs on trends in the chemical markets. Swings in crude and gasoline values continue to affect pricing in European and Asian markets. While elevated aromatics prices in Asia and strong levels of demand have presented new arbitrage opportunities in January 2007....
- Benzene takes a dive. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;11/22/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 469, p25
Presents trends in the aromatic compounds market in Asia as of November 28, 2004. Decrease in benzene prices caused by excess supply in the region; Increase in contract nominations of paraxylene for December 2004; Tabular presentation of bulk chemical spot prices in U.S. dollars per ton.
- Organic chemicals industry is poised for a boom. // Chemical Business;Aug2007, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p80
The article focuses on the growth of organic chemicals industry in India. The refinery sector has emerged as India's top merchandise exporter with exports worth $11.3 billion from April to October 2006. Capacities of the olefinic base chemical and aromatic base chemical are expected to increase...
- COMMENTARY. // Chemical Week;2/2/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 4, p27
Reports on the prices of specialty and bulk chemicals as of February 2, 2005. Increase in spot prices of alkenes including ethylene; Prices of aromatic compounds in the U.S. and Europe, including benzene; Factor that contributed to the increase in styrene spot prices in Asia.
- Raw Material Shortage Constrains Output of Olefins and Aromatics. // China Chemical Reporter;6/26/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p17
The article presents an analysis of the shortage of raw materials for the production of olefins and aromatics in China. These organic compounds are use as raw materials in petrochemical industry. Due to the resource constraints, solving the supply shortage of raw materials for olefins and...
- ICIS CONFERENCES WORLDWIDE. // Asian Chemical News;12/16/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 519, p10
The article presents information on Independent Commodity Information Service (ICIS) conferences worldwide in 2006. The 10th ICIS-London Oil Reports (ICIS-LOR) World Base Oils Conference will be held from February 16-17 at Sheraton Park Lane Hotel in London, England. The First ICIS-LOR Asian...