Canada flags up chemicals safety
- Chemicals sector takes first steps towards green footprint. // Commercial Motor;7/8/2010, Vol. 213 Issue 5389, p8
The article focuses on a report prepared by research expert professor Alan McKinnon to evaluate the initiatives taken by the European chemicals industry to reduce its carbon footprint on its transport operations.
- EU considers tougher stance on chemicals. McGinn, Anne Platt // World Watch;May/June2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p9
Reports that the European Union is considering adopting a comprehensive review process to screen new chemicals for health and environmental risks. Details of a chemical strategy; Adoption of three-tiered approach.
- `Objective' science at auction. Mokhiber, Russell // Ecologist;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p57
Editorial. Presents information on the report `Toxic Deception: How the Chemical Industry Manipulates Science, Bends the Law, and Endangers Your Health.' Four regulated chemicals studied by the authors of the report; Findings of the report regarding these chemicals; Requirement of federal law...
- Health Concerns Know No Borders. Fairley, Peter // Chemical Week;7/4/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 26, p65
Reports on the efforts undertaken by the Canadian Chemical Producers Association (CCPA) in changing the rising concerns of the public about the health effects from chemicals. Information on the Responsible Care program of the association; Result of a survey by the CCPA; Actions taken by the...
- Kalliopes Cogitations. Lashkari, Z. F. // Chemical Business;Dec98, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p17
Focuses on the fine chemicals that go into products used by consumers for essential needs in India. Sectors of the chemical industry that manufacture fine chemicals; Concern for safety of fine chemicals; Need for natural product sources of fine chemicals.
- HEALTH CONCERNS PROMPT PRECAUTIONS. Fairley, Peter // Chemical Week;8/1/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 29, p26
Focuses on the increasing concerns of Canadians about the health risks from exposure to chemicals as emphasized in the Canadian Chemical Producers Association annual meeting in June 2001. Comments from Darrell Bricker, president and chief operating officer of public affairs at pollster...
- Reach and the obligations of the chemical industry. van Hemmen, J. J. // Occupational & Environmental Medicine;Aug2009, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p1
The article offers information about the Registration, Evaluation and Authorisation and restriction of chemicals (REACH), a framework created by the European Union for the chemical industry. It mentions that new chemicals are to be tested concerning their effects on human health and the...
- Symptoms of Adverse Health Effects Among Residents from Communities Surrounding Chemical-Industrial Complexes in Southeast Texas. Morris, Debra L.; Barker, P. Jene; Legator, Marvin S. // Archives of Environmental Health;Mar2004, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p160
The article focuses on a multisymptom health survey to determine a self-reported health status of two communities in Jefferson County, compared with a third community in another southeast Texas county. Surveyed communities were Beaumont, Texas, with a population of about 114,000; Port Arthur,...
- Pet Companion Sales Drive Animal Health. Sauer, Pamela // Chemical Market Reporter;10/25/1999, Vol. 256 Issue 17, pFR8
Looks at the financial performance of the animal health market as of October 25, 1999. Segments of the animal health market; Views of industry members on the market; Growth rate of the market.