Greenpeace petition calls for GMO labels on food
- Greenpeace calls for GMO labels. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;2/19/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 7, p9
The article covers environmental protection-related issues in Europe as of February 2007. The environmental group Greenpeace has delivered a petition to European commissioner for health Markos Kyprianou, demanding for the labeling of poultry products from animals fed with genetically modified...
- Strong 'sunshine' laws required to fight corruption. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);8/5/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 59, p26
Talks about the sunshine laws of Louisiana, aimed at making government records public. Recommendation from the Public Affairs Research (PAR) Council regarding a mediation process; Adopted recommendations of the PAR to strengthen state sunshine laws.
- NO GOVERNMENT SECRETS FOR THIS SWAP. Holland, Roberta // eWeek;05/21/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p33
Reports on the proposed creation of the National Software Component Exchange in the United States, a private exchange that will allow states to share software components for public record management with one another. Areas where software reuse can be applied; Time and cost savings efficiency of...
- Expanded State TRI Information Available. // Pollution Engineering;Feb/Mar2001, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p13
Reports the availability of the 1998 Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) state fact sheets of the United States Environmental Protection Agency. Analysis of the industrial sectors of each state; Information on waste management and release; Access information.
- Information Overload. Dechter, Gadi // Government Executive;Oct2011, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p74
The article presents the author's comments on government communication with public in the U.S. It is commented that the quantity and type of information made available to the public show whether the government is open or not. It is argued that policymakers and regulators should measure...
- Screen level bureaucracy: Databases as public records Landsbergen, David // Government Information Quarterly;2004, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p24
Providing better service by automating â€œbusiness processesâ€ is an exciting prospect for improving the government. Yet, there has not been the same level of effort at making it easier for the public to obtain information about what its government is doing. This article focuses on the...
- Project aims to create state FOI law maps. Campbell, Joel // Quill;Sep2003, Vol. 91 Issue 7, p32
Presents information on the Marion Brechner Citizen Access Project Web site, which allows journalists, citizens and public officials to better understand public access to local government information across the U.S. Strengths of the Web site; Features of the site; Components of the project;...
- Illegal info policy impedes recovery. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/3/2008, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p22
The author reflects on the move of city officials of New Orleans, Louisiana to force anyone with a public records request to make it in writing. He comments that city officials should readily provide the information and not force the residents to jump through illegal hoops. The author adds that...
- la Suisse rÃ©flÃ©chit Ã l'open data. // Archimag;fev2012, Issue 251, p5
The article announces the opening of the association Opendata.ch on January 19, 2012 to promote openness within public data in the Swiss Confederation.