Asian Ti02 growth set to slow
- Titanium Dioxide Market Still Faces Hurdles to a Recovery. // Chemical Market Reporter;2/24/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 8, p21
Presents an overview of the titanium dioxide market in the U.S. for the year 2003. Impact of the economic conditions for the industry; Production of titanium dioxide; Price increases for titaniumn dioxide; Implications for the chemical industry.
- TiO [sub 2] Producers Increase Prices To Recover Costs. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;07/24/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 4, p1
Looks at the performance of the titanium dioxide industry in the first half of 2000. Consumption and production of titanium dioxide in the United States; Demand for the chemical; Increase in prices.
- Huntsman Tioxide Cuts TiO 2 Operations in South Africa and the UK. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/12/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 15, p3
Reports on Huntsman Tioxide's reduction of its operations in South Africa and Great Britain. Poor profitability of its titanium oxide business;Expected completion of streamline and modification by 2005.
- TiO[sub2] Pricing Remains Stable, But Inventories Rise with Declining Euro. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;12/04/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 23, p5
Focuses on the status of the titanium dioxide market in the United States in 2000. Consumption of titanium dioxide in the first eight months of 2000; Factors which affect the price of the chemical; Actions taken by several chemical companies to cope with the market demand for titanium dioxide...
- TiO[sub2] Continues to Rebound Globally. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/29/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the market performance of titanium dioxide as of April 2002. Implementation of the price increases announced in the first quarter; Increase in the demand for titanium dioxide in several countries; Status of European inventories and operating rates for the chemical.
- Titanium dioxide performs well. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;1/10/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2129, p10
Reports on an increase in the market performance of titanium dioxide in Europe during the fourth quarter of 2004. Percentage growth expected in the industry in 2005; Problems encountered by the industry in 2004; Percentage of growth of the industry in Asia-Pacific and central and Southern...
- Consolidation and Curbed Growth in China Aid Margins. Coons, Rebecca // Chemical Week;1/7/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 1, p42
The article reports on the expected increase in titanium dioxide (TiO[sub 2]) pigment prices and margins in China, according to Jim Fisher, president of consulting firm IBMA. The improved outlook stems from continued industry consolidation among TiO[sub 2] producers, as well as new tax and...
- Global titanium dioxide sector 'must adapt to China'. GAL, JANOS // ICIS Chemical Business;5/13/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 16, p15
The article discusses the need for the global titanium dioxide industry to adapt and become more agile as Chinese demand is anticipated to increase. According to Jean-Francois Turgeon of Rio Tinto Iron & Titanium Inc., industry should adapt by improving efficiency, technology and...
- More TiO[sub 2] price hikes loom. GUZMAN, DORIS DE // ICIS Chemical Business;11/22/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 18, p22
The article offers information on the possibility of price hikes of titanium dioxide in 2011 as predicted by its producers. It is stated that low inventories, a lack of greenfield capacity in the Western market, rising global demand and increasing raw material costs will lead to an increase in...