US-Asian arbitrage opens as ACN stocks tighten
- Spot ACN prices rise on strong Asia demand. BOSWELL, CLAY; DIETRICH, JOHN // ICIS Chemical Business;11/22/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 18, p20
The article offers information on the increase in the spot prices of acrylonitrile in the U.S. Gulf due to strong demand from Asia.
- Global Prices Rise as Butadiene Supply Tightens Worldwide. Morris, Gregory D. L. // Chemical Week;6/2/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 17, p29
The article reports on the increase in butadiene prices because the product is short and supplies are growing tighter worldwide. Market watchers say that a combination of steam cracker outages, lighter feedslates for crackers in operation, and resilient demand for derivatives have combined to...
- Most-read stories on ICIS news. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/7/2010, Vol. 277 Issue 20, p8
The article presents news items related to the chemical industry which include the possibility of decrease in the U.S. propylene contract prices during June 2010, possibility of rise in spot prices of acrylates in Asia, and reduction in offers for polyethylene and polypropylene cargoes to South...
- Xylenes Resist Broader Slump. Morris, Gregory D. L. // Chemical Week;1/31/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 4, p23
The article reports on the market performance of xylenes in the U.S. and Europe. Resilient mixed xylenes feedstock prices have prompted U.S. ortho-xylene (o-xylene) producers to nominate contract price increases for February of 2 cents-4.5 cents per pound despite softening o-xylene spot prices....
- Fiber demand, outages drive up ACN in US. DIETRICH, JOHN; Yan, Helen; Menezes, Rita // ICIS Chemical Business;3/7/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 9, p21
The article presents information on the factors that led contract and spot prices for 3acry-lonitrile (ACN), to reach record highs, in the U.S., for the week ending February 25, 2011.
- PP and PE imports to China surge in H1, while PVC falls. // Asian Chemical News;9/20/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 461, p32
Reports on the status of polypropylene (PP), polyethylene (PE) and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) imports to China as of September 2004. Increase in imports of PP and PE; Factors that led to the increase in prices for September cargoes; Attributes of the decrease in PVC.
- Rising to the challenge. Plume, Janet // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);5/12/2008, Vol. 9 Issue 19, p4
The editor reflects on challenges facing the breakbulk cargo sector in 2008. According to the editor, economic factors have slowed the momentum of the mining and metals industry, while new multipurpose vessels are coming online with increasing frequency. She observes that shippers, carriers an...
- ABS sellers anticipate February hikes. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;2/20/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 7, p30
The article reports on the expectation of European acrylonitrile-butadiene styrene (ABS) producers for price increases in February 2006. Sales volumes in January were strong and have shown improvement as compared to yearend results. Sellers expect price hikes of around â‚¬40 per ton which...
- US propylene prices surge. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;3/15/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2091, p10
Reports on the continued increase in U.S. olefin prices, particularly propylene contract prices, as of March 15, 2004. Amount of the increase; Reason for the decision of acrylonitrile sellers to reduce output; Factors that have contributed to the increase in propylene prices.