Tiwest to expand
- Tata Steel Plans TiO2 Unit in India. // Chemical Week;7/18/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 24, p13
The article reports on the plan of Mumbai, India-based Tata Steel to build a titanium dioxide plant at Tuticorin. The firm has completed a feasibility study and reveals that the construction project will cost $494 million to $618 million.
- Consortia bid for pigment plant. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/20/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 16, p24
The article reports that five consortia are bidding for a Kahnuj titanium dioxide pigment complex planned by Iran Mines & Mineral Industries Development & Renovation Organisation (Imidro). A bid deadline of April 21 has been extended to May 15, 2007 and all three packages must now be included in...
- Rutile Titanium Dioxide Project Kicks off. // China Chemical Reporter;1/6/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p15
The article reports on the construction on the rutile titanium dioxide project of Hubei Qianjiang Fangyuan Titanium Dioxide Co. Ltd. which began on November 22, 2007 in Hubei Sheng, China. The RMB250 million plant is being built in an area of 20,000 square meters. It is expected that the plant...
- Formosa's new US cracker piles it on. CHANG, JOSEPH // ICIS Chemical Business;3/5/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 9, p5
The article discusses expansion plan of Formosa Plastics USA, which is planning to build three plants that includes an 800,000 tonne/year cracker along with a 300,000 tonne/year Linear Low Density Polyethylene (LLDPE) plant and a 600,000 tonne/year propane dehydrogenation (PDH) plant to produce...
- WACKER Expands Polymers Site in China and Builds Two New Production Facilities. // China Chemical Reporter;3/21/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p11
The article reports on the expansion of the Wacker Chemie AG's polymer activities by investing around 40 million euros in building two new production facilities at its site in Nanjing, China.
- Schulman invests $14M in Saudi Arabia JV. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;6/18/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p0027
The article reports that plastics company A. Schulman Inc. is planning to expand into Saudia Arabia via a joint venture with National Petrochemical Industrial Co. (NATPET), in which Schulman will invest 14 million dollars to construct a polypropylene compounding plant in Yanbu.
- Evyap enters Malaysia oleochems. SURATMAN, NURLUQMAN // ICIS Chemical Business;9/2/2013, Vol. 284 Issue 6, p21
The article discusses the expansion initiatives of the chemical company Evyap Sabun as of September 2013, focusing on a planned oleochemicals manufacturing facility in Johor, Malaysia as well as planned initiatives to produce fatty acids and consumer goods.
- Albemarle expands at South Carolina, Pennsylvania sites. FROST, LINDSAY // Chemical Week;12/10/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 31, p8
The article reports that the chemical company Albemarle Corp. will expand its Orangeburg, South Carolina specialty chemicals plant by 2016 and has completed an expansion of its Tyrone, Pennsylvania specialty chemicals plant as of 2013.
- Ineos to build world-scale alpha-olefins plant in the US, expand in Canada. // Chemical Week;7/1/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 18, p4
The article reports that, as of July 2013, the chemical company Ineos is planning to construct a linear alpha-olefins chemical plant in the Gulf Coast region of the U.S. and is also considering expanding its Canadian chemical plant in Joffre, Alberta.