KBR lands propylene contract
- LYONDELL GETS OK FOR PO/SM FACILITY IN CHINA. White, Liz // Urethanes Technology International;Feb/Mar2007, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p23
The article reports on the approval received by Lyondell Chemical Co. from the Chinese government, to build a propylene oxide/styrene monomer (PO/SM) with Sinopec Zhenhai Refining & Chemical Co. Ltd (ZRCC). The 227-kilotonnes-per-annum (ktpa) capacity PO facility will be built in Ningbo, China....
- Studies progress for catalytic olefins. Jagger, Anna // ICIS Chemical Business;8/9/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 4, p22
The article reports that SK Energy Co. Ltd. has decided to carry out the demonstration of its olefins project based on advanced catalytic olefins (ACO) technology. It informs that the project is co-developed by KBR Inc. It mentions that both companies have decided to start the demonstration at...
- Jacobs Awarded Contract For Saudi Phosphate Investment. // Chemical Week;5/28/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 15, p22
The article reports that Jacobs Engineering has been awarded a contract to provide a feasibility study and engineering design for Saudi Arabian Mining Co.'s Umm Wu'al phosphate project in the Sirhan-Turaif region of Saudi Arabia.
- WorleyParsons Selected by BASF For Plants in Brazil and China. // Chemical Week;5/28/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 15, p22
The article announces that engineering firm WorleyParsons has been awarded an 80-million-dollar engineering, procurement, and construction management services contract from chemical company BASF to build acrylic acid and superabsorbent polymer plants in Brazil and China.
- Petrokemya Signs Deal with Tecnicas Reunidas for ABS Plant. // Chemical Week;6/11/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 16, p20
The article reports that Saudi Basic Industries Corp. affiliate, Arabian Petrochemical Co., has signed a letter of intent with general contractor Tecnicas Reunidas for the engineering, procurement, and construction of an acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) plant at Jubail, Saudi Arabia.
- Sadara Awards Polyethylene Plant Contract to Jacobs Engineering. // Chemical Week;6/11/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 16, p20
The article reports that Sadara Chemical Co., a joint venture between Saudi Aramco and Dow Chemical in Jubail, Saudi Arabia, has awarded Jacobs Engineering an engineering, procurement, and construction management contract for three polyethylene (PE) trains.
- NEW PROJECTS. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;10/3/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2165, p22
Presents news briefs on several development projects in the chemical industry as of October 3, 2005. Amount to be invested by Spanish chemicals firm Masso Y Carol in building a cosmetics feed plant in Huesca, Spain; Decision of Perstorp on converting its production facilities for the production...
- Rabigh enters second phase. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/26/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 43, p12
The article reports on the launch of the second-phase expansion of the integrated refinery and petrochemicals complex by Saudi Aramco and Sumitomo Chemical Co. in Saudi Arabia in 2007. The project involves the expansion of the ethane cracker and aromatics complex, and the construction of...
- Aramco and Dow Outline Ras Tanura Scope and Schedule. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;8/31/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 22, p16
The article reports on the scope and timing of the Ras Tanura Integrated Project (RTIP) of Saudi Aramco and Dow Chemical. It notes that original project management consultant KBR is involve in the front-end engineering design of the project, which was joined by Fluor and WorleyParsons. It says...