Does China's coal abundance threaten the Middle East?
- Gas mining beats coal. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;May2010, Issue 827, p12
The article reports on the progress of the Coal Mine Methane Development Project in Jincheng, Shanxi Province, China.
- China. // Coal Age;Nov96, Vol. 101 Issue 11, p14
Presents news developments about coal mining in China as of November 1996. Surge in coal imports for the first eight months of 1996; Development of coal mine to raise annual production; Agreement with German company to upgrade Wang-Zhuang mine.
- Building of largest coal mine in Qinghai begun. // Tibetan Review: The Monthly Magazine on all Aspects of Tibet;Jun2010, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p10
The article reports on the construction of coal mine in Qinghai Province which will have an annual production of 4 million tonnes of coal.
- The present and future status of coal briquetting in China. Yuhong, Hu // Coal International;Nov96, Vol. 244 Issue 6, p273
Describes developments in binders for domestic and industrial coal-briquets and reveals the continuing trend towards the design of large-scale briquetting plants in China. Historical background of coal briquette production in China; Focus of research on the development of water- and...
- Chinese Authorities to Close 25,800 Small Mines. // Coal International;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 247 Issue 1, p10
Details the plan of the Chinese government to close down small coal mines which are judged to be operating illegally or have been constructed in an irrational manner. Objectives of the move.
- Recent developments--and some problems--in the application of fully-mechanised longwall mining, using sub-level caving, in China. Sheng, Peng // Coal International;Nov98, Vol. 246 Issue 6, p224
Describes the advances which have been made in the development and application of longwall mining systems which utilize sub-level caving to recover coal from thick seams in China. Advantages from fully-mechanized longwall mining using sub-level caving; Application of the technique to two types...
- LARGE SCALE DEVELOPMENT FOR WESTERN CHINA. // Coal International;Nov2000-Dec2000, Vol. 248 Issue 6, p217
Reports the development of the coal mining industry in Western China. Information on the construction of Yushen Coal Mining Area; Description of Yushen Coal Mining Area.
- Australian firm develops mining and power project. // Modern Power Systems;Jul95, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p5
Reports on Australian company BHP's plans to develop a coal mining and power generation project in China. Project cost; Pre-feasibility work; Projected output.
- Letter From the Editor... Emerson, Tony // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);1/15/2007 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 149 Issue 3, p4
A preface for the January 15, 2007 issue of the Atlantic edition of "Newsweek" is presented, which highlights the article "The Coal Trap."