JAPANESE MAJORS TARGET SPECIALTIES
- The Global Business of Chemistry: Prospects and Challenges. Swift, Thomas Kevin // Journal of Business Chemistry;Jan2006, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p2
The global business of chemistry has faced numerous challenges in recent years. This article addresses the near-term business environment in which the industry will operate as well as the implications for the global business of chemistry during 2006 and 2007.
- Toray plans U.S. expansion for Americas: Carbon precursor/fiber/prepreg lines? // Composites Technology;Apr2014, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p15
The article reports on the plans of multinational company Toray Industries Inc. to expand its business in Spartanburg County, South Carolina, as the company purchased about 400 acres of commercial land in the county for future carbon fiber manufacturing facility.
- Toray ups fibre film capacity. // European Chemical News;1/27/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2037, p30
Reports on the expansion plans of the petrochemical company Toray Co. Expansion of the carbon fiber production capacity of the company; Joint venture between the company and Antofina; Demand for carbon fiber in Europe.
- Gains and Pains in China's Chemical Industry in 2011. Cheng Changjin // China Chemical Reporter;1/21/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 2/3, p5
The article reports on the performance of China's chemical industry in 2011. It notes that several intermediate and long-term development plans were developed for the various sectors in the industry as well as programs and events for the International Year of Chemistry. Some of its emerging...
- Canada reigns top for value. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;8/23/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2113, p8
Presents information on a report on international market competitiveness of speciality chemicals, released by consultancy firm KPMG in 2004. Comparison of the competitiveness of speciality chemicals of Europe with North America and Australia; Impact of the decline in dollar value on the market...
- New PP spundbond plant. // Chemical Fibers International;Feb2004, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p18
This article reports that the Japanese fiber producer Toray Industries Inc. is going to complete its expansion plan for Toray Saehan Inc. by constructing a 13,000 tons/year PP spunbond plant in Korea. This move is aimed to establish a 100,000 ton system.
- In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/18/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 11, p4
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of March 2002. Information on the restructuring of Toray Plastics Inc.; Details of a supply agreement signed by Air Products and Chemicals Inc. with Nippon Helium Inc.; Sale of Richhold Incorporated's adhesives business to Forbo Holding AG.
- Toray takes majority of KTP. // Chemical Week;6/24/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 24, p8
Reports on the acquisition of additional shares by Toray Industries (Tokyo) in Korean polyacetal producer KTP Industries. Information on KTP.
- SURVEYING THE SCENE. Marphatia, Ravi // Paintindia;Mar2012, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p92
This section offers news briefs on the paint and coatings industry. The Poly India 2012 exhibition and conference was held in Hyderabaad, India on November 9-11, 2011. A solar paint that uses semi-conducting nanoparticles to produce energy has been created by a team of researchers at the...