Malaysia's biodiesel hopes suffer a blow
- More Biodiesel Capacities Ahead. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/24/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 12, p16
Reports growth in the number of biodiesel producers in the U.S. Construction of swine production facilities by Smithfield Foods Inc.; Conversion of concentrated products to bioethanol; Creation of joint ventures for the construction of biodiesel plants.
- CHINA CLEAN ENERGY RESUMES BIODIESEL PRODUCTION. // Worldwide Energy;Dec2008, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p7
The article reports that China Clean Energy Inc. has announced that it has resumed biodiesel production. This allows the company to enjoy enough margins to make the business profitable. The selling price of biodiesel is in the range of RMB5, 500-RMB6,000, as compared to approximately RMB4,800 in...
- GERMANY OIL & GAS REPORT. // Germany Oil & Gas Report;2012 3rd Quarter, Issue 3, p1
The article offers information on the status report of the oil and gas industry of Germany in third quarter of 2012 and provides forecasts until 2021. It says that the gas demand is expected to increase from an estimated 99.7 billion cubic meters (bcm) in 2011 to 116.4 bcm by 2016 while gas...
- Biodiesel investments looking up. Tandukar, Amita // BRW;7/7/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p47
Reports on the rise of biodiesel investments in Australia. Effects of oil prices on biodiesel industry in Australia.
- REGISTRATION INFORMATION NOW AVAILABLE FOR JULY 5-7 PPA SUMMER CONFERENCE. // Fuel Oil News;Jul2015, Vol. 80 Issue 7, p20
The article offers information on the PPA (Pennsylvania Petroleum Association) Summer Conference to be held on July 4-7, 2015 in Ocean City, Maryland, which will discusses topics including introduction of biodiesel in heating oil market, biofuel capable burners, and low firing rate burners.
- Counting Our (Commodity) Blessings. Salimando, Joe // Energy & Power Management;May2006, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p10
The article presents the views of the author on the current U.S. export and import market. The author says that the U.S. is a good place to cultivate food. He says that the U.S. is so good at producing food that it tax Americans and collectively pay people not to grow things. Biodiesel is one...
- ICIS pricing launches Asian biodiesel news. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/26/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 59, p38
The article reports on the Asian Biodiesel price report released by ICIS Pricing on March 21, 2007. Quotes include freight on board Southeast Asia prices for biodiesel exports out of the region. There is also commentary on feedstocks, palm oil and methanol, as well as co-product glycerine. The...
- ICIS pricing launches Asian biodiesel news. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;3/26/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 12, p32
The article reports on the release of the Asian Biodiesel price report by ICIS Pricing, the global market pricing and intelligence service for the oil and chemicals industries, on March 21, 2007. The report captures the price trends in the industry and the key factors that influence it. It also...
- Quick off the Mark. // Chemical Week;4/12/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 13, p36
The article discusses the development of the biodiesel operations of Malaysia's biotechnology firm Carotech in April 2006. The firm is a subsidiary of pharmaceutical company Hovid, which retains a 55 percent stock in Carotech. The production of CaroDiesel fuel was considered as the first...