- Asia watch. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;2/19/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 7, p14
The article presents an update on the chemical industry in Asia as of February 2007. Mitsubishi Chemical will appoint Yoshimitsu Kobayashi as president and chief executive officer (CEO). The Philippines could start using sorghum to help fuel its ethanol-dominated biofuels drive, after...
- Industry Assesses Quake Impacts. WESTERVELT, ROBERT // Chemical Week;5/16/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 13, p19
The article assesses the impact of the 2011 Japanese earthquake to the chemical industry in Japan. Mitsubishi Chemical chief executive officer Yoshimitsu Kobayashi says that energy is an area which Japan should assess on how best to proceed. Japanese chemical plant operating rates are reportedly...
- Columbian Chemicals Expands Carbon Black Capacity in Brazil. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;8/18/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 31, p12
Reports on the expansion of carbon black capacity at the plant of Phelps Dodge subsidiary Columbian Chemicals in Cubatao, Brazil. Reason for the expansion; Comments from President Jack Walsh; Stake acquired in Korea Kumho Petrochemical's carbon black business.
- President Smt. Pratibha Devisingh Patil inaugurates India Chem 2010. // Chemical Business;Dec2010, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p47
The article discusses the highlights of INDIAChem 2010 International Conference & Exhibition held at the Bombay Exhibition Centre in Mumbai, India from October 28 to 30, 2010. The event serves as an opportunity for the local petrochemical and chemical industries to show its strength capabilities...
- Mitsubishi Chemical Details Restructuring Plan. // Chemical Week;1/9/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the reorganization of the business of Mitsubishi Chemical. Purpose of the restructuring; Plans of the petrochemicals business; Forecasted net loss for its fiscal year ending March 31, 2002.
- ASIA-PACIFIC REPORT. Van Savage, Eleanor // Chemical Market Reporter;04/24/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 17, p28
Reports that Columbian Chemicals Company has acquired majority ownership and operational control of Columbian Carbon Japan (CCJ) company. Reason behind the move; Benefits of the acquisition for Columbian Chemicals; Plan of Columbian to increase its share of the Asian market. INSET: Asia in Brief.
- Bahia gets carbon black. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;9/19/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2163, p19
This article reports on the establishment by Columbian Chemicals Co. of a carbon black plant at the Camacari Pole chemical complex in Bahia, Brazil in 2006. Columbian has received the necessary environmental licenses to move ahead with the project and has also concluded the preliminary...
- Mitsubishi to set up R&TD company. // Asian Chemical News;5/5/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 400, p9
Reports that Mitsubishi Chemical will be setting up a research and technology development (R&TD) company on July 1, 2003. Details of the R&TD company; Functions of the new company; Expected sales revenues of the company.
- Markets. // Asian Chemical News;9/5/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 505, p6
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of September 2005. Impact of Hurricane Katrina on Nymex crude futures in the U.S.; Chemical companies in Asia that will shut down plants for turnaround in September; Reason for Mitsubishi Chemical's plan to increase petrochemical prices in Japan.