Eco-friendly fuels for NZ
- Time to catch up with the World. Impey, Louise; Tasker, Johann; Watts, Andrew // Farmers Weekly;5/19/2006, Vol. 144 Issue 20, p32
The article focuses on the opportunities and consequences presented by the adoption of biomass and biofuel technologies in Great Britain. The growing cost of fuel and gas has exemplified the need to make more efficient use of current energy sources and develop technologies to make use of...
- Argent plans AIM listing. Bains, Elizabeth // ICIS Chemical Business;6/25/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 72, p25
The article reports that Argent Energy, a waste-to-energy biofuels producer, has stated that it is seeking an Alternative Investment Market (AIM) listing in Great Britain. The company has hoped that it will fund capacity expansions in the country and New Zealand. It operates a 45,000 tonnes per...
- Argent plans AIM listing. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;6/25/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 25, p13
The article reports that British waste-to-biofuels producer Argent Energy has said it is seeking an Alternative Investment Market listing. Argent Energy operates a 45,000 tonne/year biodiesel plant near Motherwell, Scotland. The facility, which uses tallow and recovered cooking oil as feedstock,...
- Biodiesel plant goes into action. // Professional Engineering;4/13/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p12
The article reports that production has begun at Argent Energy's biodiesel plant, the largest of its kind in Great Britain. Recently, the first tankers carrying the eco-friendly fuel additive left the plant near Motherwell. Production is building up to a 50,000 tonnes annual rate, expected to be...
- Biofuel tax 'boosts foreign industries'. Riley, Jonathan // Farmers Weekly;12/6/2002, Vol. 137 Issue 23, p6
Reports on the British Chancellor's proposed tax concession for bioethanol aimed at providing funds for the biofuel industries of Europe and South America as of December 6, 2002. Stand of farmers on the proposal; Views of the Members of the Parliament on the biofuel issue; Plans for the first...
- Greenstone announces fourth new site. // Motor Equipment News;Sep2010, p8
The article reports that New Zealand firm Greenstone Energy invested in the construction of three new retail service stations and a commercial truck refueling station following its acquisition of the retail and distribution facilities of Shell New Zealand.
- SHELL V-POWER - EXPERIENCE THE PERFORMANCE OF A FUEL DEVELOPED WITH FERRARI. // Motor Equipment News;Jun2008, p20
The article evaluates the Shell V-Power fuel by Shell New Zealand.
- USDA ALLIES WITH BIO GROUPS. // Timber Processing;Oct2013, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p10
The article reports on the memorandum of understanding (MOU) signed among the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, the Pellet Fuels Institute and biomass groups Biomass Thermal Energy Council, Biomass Power Association and the Alliance for Green Heat in October 2013.
- GLOBAL E&P BRIEFS. Maksoud, Judy // Offshore;Jan2001, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p12
Presents updates on the exploration and production of offshore oil and gas industries around the world as of January 2001. Information on the well production of Statoil in northern Norway; Plan of Shell New Zealand Ltd. to begin the development of the Pohokura gas field in New Zealand;...