5-MINUTE MARKET WATCH
- Yukong and Sinopec plan polyols project. Kim, Hyung-Jin // Chemical Week;5/25/1994, Vol. 154 Issue 20, p22
Reports that Yukong Ltd., one of Korea's major petrochemical companies, has teamed up with Sinopec to build a polyols plant in China. Other joint investment plans in China.
- 3 Units Put on Stream in MPC. // China Chemical Reporter;9/6/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p10
The article provides updates on the start of operation of the three chemical production units of Sinopec Maoming Petrochemical Co. in Guangdong Sheng province, China. The 2.6 million tons per annum diesel hydrofining unit, the 1.2 million tons per annum catalytic reforming unit and the 300,000...
- Maoming Petchem shuts down polyethylene. Li, Sophia // Chemical Market Reporter;8/28/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 7, p12
The article reports that the high-density polythelene (HDPE)/linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE) unit of Maoming Petrochemical Corp., a subsidiary of Chinese energy major Sinopec company, was shut down because of unidentified technical problems. Shutdown period is still tentative according...
- new construction projects. // Chemical Week;2/12/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 6, p13
Presents updates on construction projects in the chemicals industry as of February 12, 2003. Major expansion plan of Maoming Petrochemical; Approval for the investment plan of Nan Ya Plastics for a polyester filament yarn plant; Agreement signed by Ineos Oxides with power company Essent.
- Maoming Petchem's crude-storage tanks. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;1/13/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 385, p24
Reports on the storage tanks to be built by Maoming Petrochemical for crude oil and downstream petrochemicals at the Maoming Chemical Industry Park in Guangdong, China. Date of completion of the project; Reason for undertaking the project; Contractors for the project.
- NEW PROJECTS SUMMARY. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;2/21/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 479, p19
Presents information on the projects of several companies in the chemical industry in Asia as of February 2005. Maoming Petrochemical; Shanghai Alison Petrochemical; Vietnam National Chemical Corp.
- Maoming Petrochemical: 1 million t/a new coking unit put on stream. // China Chemical Reporter;6/26/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p12
Reports that Maoming Petrochemical Co. has completed the construction and started production at its coking unit in China. Production capacity of the unit; Unit products; Problems in the unit's operations.
- Maoming to build and expand. Lee, Salmon Aidan // Asian Chemical News;12/23/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 384, p23
Reports on the plan of Maoming Petrochemical to build high-density polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP) plants, and expand its other chemical units, in Maoming, Guangdong, China as of January 2003. PE and PP production capacity of the firm per year; Planned expansion capacity for its...
- Sinopec's 100 000 T/A Sulfur Recovering Project Starts up. // China Chemical Reporter;11/26/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p15
The article announces the start of the operation of the sulfur recovering unit of Sinopec Maoming Petrochemical Co. Ltd. in China. It mentions that the new unit will be part of the company's refining expansion project and will start production in 2011. It also states that the company's wax...