5-MINUTE PROJECT WATCH
- Mitsui aims for involvement in Sipchem phase. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/9/2007, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p13
The article reports on the memorandum of understanding being prepared by Japan's Mitsui & Co. and Saudi International Petrochemical Co. The agreement will allow Mitsui to take an equity stake in Saudi International Petrochemical's planned third phase Jubail petrochemicals complex. Under the...
- Mitsui & Co. Proposes Ammonia, Methanol Plants in Russia. // Chemical Week;5/5/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 14, p23
The article reports on the plan of Mitsui & Co. to build an ammonia and methanol production complex at Sakhalin Island, Russia that would target Asia Pacific and the U.S. markets. The company is a member of a consortium developing the Sakhalin II energy project. Its head of first chemicals...
- ONGC to set up Rs 5K cr urea manufacturing unit. // Chemical Business;May2012, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p53
The article reports on the decision of the management of Oil & Natural Gas Corp. Ltd. to establish a urea fertiliser manufacturing unit in North Tripura, India in 2012.
- PBT plant in Jubail Industrial City nears completion. // ICIS Chemical Business;4/14/2014, Vol. 285 Issue 15, Special Section p8
The article reports that Saudi International Petrochemical Co. (Sipchem) has completed over 75 percent of the construction of a polybutylene terephthalate plant in Jubail Industrial City, Saudi Arabia.
- ExxonMobil begins construction. Baumgarten, Stefan // ICIS Chemical Business;6/30/2014, Vol. 285 Issue 25, p10
The article discusses the business initiatives of the chemical company ExxonMobil Chemical Co, as of June 2014, focusing on the construction of an ethane cracker facility that will produce ethylene feedstock for chemical processing at a Mont Belvieu location in Baytown, Texas.
- ExxonMobil considering PE project at Beaumont, TX. BOSWELL, CLAY // Chemical Week;4/27/2015, Vol. 177 Issue 12, p10
The article reports on the statement from ExxonMobil Chemical regarding its plan to build a polyethylene (PE) line at its site in Beaumont, Texas.
- ONGC doubles up olefin mix. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;9/27/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2117, p38
Reports on the plan of Oil and Natural Gas Corp. regarding the construction of an olefins complex in Karnataka, India in 2004. Manufacturing capacity of the proposed complex; Information on the import facility of the complex.
- Sipchem plans No 2 methanol plant. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;7/26/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 454, p21
Reports on the plan of Saudi International Petrochemical Co. (Sipchem) to build a second methanol plant in Al-Jubail, Saudi Arabia as of July 26, 2004. Joint venture company of Sipchem; Information on the first methanol plant of Sipchem; Forecast on methanol in Asia; Use of the methanol output.
- Lurgi to build mega CO unit. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/17/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p13
The article reports on the letter of intent received by Germany's Lurgi for the contract to build the carbon monoxide (CO) unit and purification plant to serve the Saudi International Petrochemical Co. Jubail acetyls complex in Saudi Arabia in 2006. Lurgi obtained the contract from other...