Solvay profits fall
- Earnings Rise in Europe on Improved Demand and Prices. // Chemical Week;5/16/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 13, p15
The article discusses the earnings of chemical companies in Europe in the first quarter of 2011. The volumes of Lanxess rose 12% while selling prices also increased 15%. Sales and profits at Ebitda increased across all businesses, lead by the performance polymers segment. The author shares that...
- Solvay's Shift. Alperowicz, Natasha; Hunter, David // Chemical Week;2/12/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 6, p14
Profiles the chemical firm Solvay. Plans of Solvay for its pharmaceutical and specialty chemicals business as of February 12, 2003; Details of the restructuring move of the company; Sales performance; Financial information on the company. INSET: Solvay America: Plenty of Specialties.
- Solvay/BP strike hdPE deal. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;11/8/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2123, p6
Reports on the financial performance of Solvay for the third quarter of 2004. Increase in the company's third quarter recurring earnings before interest and tax; Profits from plastics posted by the company; Decline in the company's profits in the first nine months of the year.
- Solvay achieves 45% rise in third quarter earnings. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;11/8/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2123, p8
Reports on the financial performance of Solvay as of the third quarter of 2004. Factors that contributed to the increase in the company's third quarter recurring earnings before interest and tax; Profits posted by the company from its plastics division from January through September 2004;...
- Solvay results exceed expectations. Watts, Mark // ICIS Chemical Business;5/14/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 66, p10
The article reports the financial performance of Belgian chemical company Solvay in the first quarter of 2007. The company reported an 11% year-on-year rise in recurring earnings before interest and tax (REBIT) to â‚¬325 million. The company's sales also increased by 1% to â‚¬2.37...
- Solvay Posts Earnings Loss. // Chemical Market Reporter;2/18/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 7, p28
Presents information on the decline in sales and profits of Solvay. Rate of decline; Amount of earnings before interest and tax in the company's plastic sector.
- Solvay Warns of Lower Profits for Entire 2001. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/18/2002, Vol. 259 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the profit warning issued by Solvay for the entire 2001. Reasons for the poor financial performance of the company; Sales of the business units; Percentage increase in the 2000 sales of Solvay.
- Solvay upgrades carbonates facilities. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;12/28/98, Vol. 254 Issue 26, p6
Reports on Solvay SA's upgrading of its capacity for barium carbonates in Germany.
- PLANTS AND PROJECTS IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;1/10/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 2, p26
The article presents news briefs on the chemical industry, including those on Sinopec Shanghai Engineering, CINER, and Solvay SA.