Middle East/Asia axis matures
- Tunisia Country Conditions. // Political Risk Yearbook: Tunisia Country Report;2007, p1
The article presents an overview of country conditions and investment climate in Tunisia. It is stated that the Tunisian government actively encourages selected foreign direct investment (FDI), particularly for export-oriented industries. Policies designed to promote foreign investment were also...
- VIETNAM: Country Conditions: Investment Climate. // Political Risk Yearbook: Vietnam Country Report;2006, p37
Looks at the investment climate in Vietnam. Explanation that in principle the country is open to the entry of foreign investment, which is a crucial element in its long-term development policy; Contribution of the foreign direct investment in the growth of the country's gross domestic products;...
- Hong Kong: Country Conditions: Investment Climate. // Political Risk Yearbook: Hong Kong Country Report;2003, p37
Assesses the foreign investment climate in Hong Kong, China as of October 2003. Government policy of Hong Kong on various industrial sectors; Transparence of the regulatory system; Bureaucratic obstacles to foreign investment.
- Japan: Country Conditions: Investment Climate. // Political Risk Yearbook: Japan Country Report;2003, p37
Assesses the foreign investment climate in Japan as of November 2002. Challenges facing foreign investors seeking to establish their presence in the country; Transparency of the regulatory system; Bureaucratic obstacles to foreign investment.
- CHAPTER 11: SOUTH KOREA'S INWARD FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT: POLICY AND ENVIRONMENT. Kyu-Ryoon Kim // Recalibrating the U.S.-Republic of Korea Alliance;5/1/2003, p203
Chapter 11 of the book "Recalibrating the U.S.-Republic of Korea Alliance," is presented. It attempts to delineate South Korea's foreign direct investment policies. This chapter investigates the past record and previous policies on foreign direct investment. It also analyzes the efforts of South...
- In the New Myanmar, U.S. Playing Catch-Up to China. Storey, Ian // World Politics Review (19446284);1/25/2013, p2
The article comments on the efforts of the U.S. and China to influence the economy and government of Myanmar. It states that Myanmar has focused its efforts and programs on improving its economy and liberalizing its political system. According to the author, China has vast interests in the...
- Proposing Iraq's economic future. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/26/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 39, p14
Reports on the economic plan for Iraq proposed by interim Iraqi Finance Minister Kamel al-Gailani. Efforts to transform Iraq into an investor-friendly economy; Foreign investment initiatives of the country; Exclusion to the open-door foreign investment policy. INSET: IRAQI FINANCE MINISTER...
- Iraq needs substantial public aid, not privatization. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/10/2003, Vol. 47 Issue 41, p48
Examines the economic reconstruction efforts in post-war Iraq in 2003. Effects of the foreign investment boom; Assessment of the economic policy statement issued on September 21; Steps to economic reconstruction in the country.
- Country Conditions. // Political Risk Yearbook: Singapore Country Report;2008, p1
No abstract available.