TOP STORIES FROM ICIS news
- Akzo Nobel Restructures Polymer Chems Again. // Chemical Market Reporter;Sep2003, Vol. 264 Issue 6, p4
Reports on the reorganization of the polymer chemicals business of Akzo Nobel BV following dismal financial performance.
- Ignore Asia at your peril. Richardson, John // Asian Chemical News;8/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 503, p4
Comments on the importance of Asia to the global chemical industry in 2005. Impact of a company's restructuring efforts on its profitability; Reason behind the change in the polymer market in China; Views of boardrooms across Europe and the U.S. on the Asian market.
- Akzo Nobel to Cut More Jobs. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;8/27/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 30, p47
Reports on the plan of Akzo Nobel's polymer chemicals division to cut jobs. Sales posted by the division; Percentage of the workforce who would be affected by the restructuring; Areas of the business affected by the restructuring.
- Restructuring in European Polymers. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;06/19/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 25, pFR 3
Focuses on the radical restructuring of polymers sector in Europe. Result of the restructuring; Joint venture between Shell and BASF; Impetus behind many of the mergers and acquisitions in the European polymers sector.
- A Wild Season. Smith, Steph // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;11/14/2005, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p4
This article focuses on the impact of the 2005 Atlantic hurricane season on the U.S. and the possible link to the issue of global warming. Hurricane Wilma, which dealt destructive blows to Florida, Mexico and some Caribbean islands late last month, was the 21st named storm of the season. This...
- News IQ. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;11/14/2005, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p8
Presents a quiz about the 2005 hurricane season and global warming.
- Hurricanes and global warming. // Consumer Comments;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p2
Reprints the article `Hurricanes and Global Warming,' which appeared in the October 14, 1998 issue of the `Cooler Heads' newsletter.
- Coming to blows. // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Oct2000, Vol. 72 Issue 10, p54
Discusses the causes of hurricanes in the North Atlantic and provides measures to minimize the damage they cause. Analysis of the link between global warming and hurricanes; Prediction on hurricane frequency; What influence Atlantic hurricanes. INSET: What's in a name?.
- Tropical Cyclones (Atlantic Ocean - Global Warming Effects: Frequency, The Past Century) -- Summary. // CO2 Science;01/25/2012, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p8
The article discusses research on tropical storms and hurricanes of the Atlantic Ocean. A study by M. C. Bove et al examined the characteristics of all recorded landfalling U.S. Gulf Coast hurricanes from 1896 to 1995 in an effort to describe global warming. It concluded that fears of increased...