Drifters and Huggers
- Build Your Financial Portfolio With Bricks. Marotta, David Jhone // Business Journal (Central New York);9/2/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p19
Presents the author's comments on financial portfolio management. Information on investing in real-estate ventures; Suggestion for good investments; Information on developments related to public pricing and trading.
- CRITERIA FOR THE EVALUATION AND SELECTION OF CAPITAL PROJECTS. Scholleová, Hana; Švecová, Lenka; Fotr, Jiří // Intellectual Economics;Apr2010, Vol. 1 Issue 7, p48
The growth of an enterprise's value as the basic aim of entrepreneurship is determined by long-term prosperity that is impossible without the implementation of a successful and permanent investment policy. Rational decision-making in the field of investment evaluation is necessary for other...
- How You'll Invest for It. // Money;Nov2005, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p111
Features a lifelong guide to funding your dream retirement. Emphasis on four factors at each of the three stages of your life; Investment advice for mid-career, pre-retirement and retirement; Suggestions on building a portfolio during each of these stages.
- A Multiple-Horizon Approach to Asset Allocation in the Retirement Portfolio. // Journal of Financial Planning;May2006, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p34
The article discusses a multiple-horizon approach to asset allocation in retirement portfolios. One of the most important financial planning decisions is determining optimal asset allocation in retirement portfolios. The article offers a spreadsheet-based algorithm that uses a...
- Gaming the System. Israelsen, Craig L.; McDonough, Patrick // Financial Planning;May2005, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p135
Proposes a feasible way to implement the middle index prior year (MIPY) strategy. Requirement of an MIPY strategy; Information on the five different portfolio management strategies that were tested from 1987 through 2004; Result of using the Wilshire indexes.
- On the Same Page. CASE, INGRID // Financial Planning;Jan2009, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p35
The article looks at the advantages of using investment policy statements (IPS) for financial planners as well as the problems this document may cause. Randy Ruggaard, president of Ruggaard & Associates, raises his concern about using IPS. Stephanie Monaco, a compliance attorney with Mayer...
- Reel in the intertia. Witcombe, Jason // Money Marketing;8/4/2011, p38
The article offers advice on the approach for financial planning to avoid potential loss through setting up investments by direct debit, using a structured and dispassionate appraoch to portfolio rebalancing, and focusing on the overall performance of finances.
- Keeping your eye on the ball. Purnell, Freya // Money Management;7/8/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 24, p17
Focuses on the necessity for advisers to concentrate on clients. Maximization of scale and adviser productivity; Information about asset allocation and manager selection; Provision of portfolio construction services.
- Fitting Social Responsibility Into the Investment Process. // CPA Wealth Provider;Apr2007, p32
The article shares insights on how to integrate socially responsible investing (SRI) component into client's portfolio. The first thing to be considered is to choose an integration process followed by the selection of investment tools. Moreover, the advisors will define the social responsibility...