Variable Annuities: Emerging from the Dark Side?
- Richard Verdin on PROTECTION. Verdin, Richard // Money Marketing;11/11/2004, p34
Comments on the changes in the practices of advising a client on income protection products and financial services instruments in Great Britain. Skills and experiences needed to manage a transaction; Difference in arranging financial solutions; Level of customer questioning.
- Hartford to Enter U.K. Retirement Market. // American Banker;2/2/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 22, p9
Reports that Hartford Financial Services Group Inc., the top seller of variable annuities in both the United States and Japan, announced its plan to market individual investment and retirement savings products in Great Britain in 2005. How the company will focus on offering unit-linked bonds in...
- Going Above and Beyond. Silver, Larry // On Wall Street;Jan2007, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p75
The author discusses the service which financial advisors should offer in order for clients to stay with them. He stresses that advisors must make clients dependable to them through their services and strategies. He offers tips to help financial managers focus on the works they need to do....
- Financial Advice: Who Pays. Finke, Michael S.; Huston, Sandra J.; Danielle D. Winchester // Journal of Financial Counseling & Planning;2011, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p18
Using a cost-benefit framework for financial planning services and proprietary data collected in the summer of 2008, the client characteristics that are associated with the likelihood of paying for professional financial advice, as well as the type of financial services purchased, are...
- Hard road to soft dollars. Bruining, Nick // Money Management;11/27/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p16
Focuses on the activities within the Australian financial planning industry in 2003. Review conducted by the Financial Planning Association on standards and education; Benefits provided to planners; Basis for rating fund managers.
- Coming Next Month: CFP Pioneers. // Journal of Financial Planning;Nov2003, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p22
The article presents information on certified financial planning pioneers who will be featured in the December 2003 issue of the magazine.
- Accountants win battle for super advice. Evans, Rebecca // Money Management;6/3/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the recommendation given by the Australian Parliamentary Joint Committee on Corporations and Financial Services giving approval to accountants to give advice on all non-managed superannuation structures. Accountants' provision of a wide range of advice on superannuation structures...
- Desperate times, desperate measures. Pokrajac, Milana // Money Management;7/21/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p14
The article focuses on the impact of the Australian government's Future of Financial Advice (FOFA) on the nation's financial services sector. The author mentions that the industry is cautious when it comes to recruiting new financial planners. He also discusses the changes in the opt-in...
- Time to get real on industry accountability. Tong, Brenton // Money Management;4/27/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p17
The author questions whether there is an accountability in the financial planning and money management industry in Australia. The author points out that financial planners and the general investment community deserve the negative press that they have been receiving. He describes the development...