Is Socially Responsible Investing a Sham?
- China's CSR Expectations Mature. Levine, Michael A. // China Business Review;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p50
The article discusses the innovation of corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives of businesses in China in 2008. People's Republic of China (PRC) President Hu Jintao has urged leaders to conduct a scientific outlook on social development to encourage businesses to implement CSR...
- Social centre. // Works Management;Jul2004, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p8
Reports that Stephen Timms, minister for Corporate Social Responsibility in Great Britain has launched a Web site which will act as a repository for information on how the government is supporting the development and spread of corporate social responsibility.
- Support for Investor Activism among U.K. Ethical Investors. Lewis, Alan; Mackenzie, Craig // Journal of Business Ethics;Apr2000 Part 1, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p215
An important goal of ethical investment is to influence companies to improve their ethical and environmental performance. The principal means that many ethical funds employ is passive market signalling, which may not, on its own, have a significant effect. A much more promising approach may be...
- TRIANGULATING ENVIRONMENTAL PERFORMANCE: WHAT DO CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY RATINGS REALLY CAPTURE? DELMAS, MAGALI A.; ETZION, DROR; NAIRN-BIRCH, NICHOLAS // Academy of Management Learning & Education;Sep2013, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p255
The emergence of socially responsible investing has led to the development of a large number of methodologies for rating corporate social responsibility and to a growing body of research exploring the link between environmental and financial performance. Increased availability of information...
- Take stock of your green credentials. Osborne, Helen // Estates Gazette;5/10/2003, Issue 319, p106
Discusses the need for companies in Great Britain to comply with the requirements of the British government and of the Financial Times Stocks Exchange (FTSE) regarding the submission of report on the environmental risks. Information on the Modernising Company Law to be implemented in Great...
- Reporting performance with transparency and discipline. COONS, REBECCA // Chemical Week;10/1/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 25, p23
The article discusses the chemical industry's sustainability strategy which focuses on encouraging technological innovation, improving financial performance, and planning future growth. The investment community's interest in a company's environmental, social, and governance performance is...
- CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY: A COMPARISON OF THE UNITED STATES AND SLOVENIA DURING THE CURRENT RECESSION. Baglione, Stephen L.; Žabkar, Vesna; Pogorelc, Simona // International Journal of Business & Public Administration;Winter2012, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p99
The article presents a study which examines the impact of global recession on the corporate social responsibility (CSR) practices adopted by companies in the U.S. and Slovenia. The study conducts a survey evaluating the perceptions of college and undergraduate students in both countries about...
- WORKING CAPITAL. Glickman, Marshall; Kelly, Marjorie // E: The Environmental Magazine;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p26
Discusses the concept of socially responsible investing (SRI). Investment tools available to social investors; History of SRI; Background of shareholder activism. INSETS: MUTUAL FUNDS THAT MATTER;ShoreBank Shows it Cares---With Community Investing.
- Social, yes, responsible, no. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;8/2/2004, p36
Focuses on the trends concerning socially responsible investments in South Africa as of August 2004. Ways of assessing socially responsible companies; Investing behavior in the country; Leading socially responsible businessness in the country.