Markets in Review…
- Stocks End Week With Gains. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;4/13/2015, pA01
1 Stocks finished higher for the 4th time this week. The Nasdaq added 0.4%, the S&P 500 0.5% and the Dow 0.6%. Volume fell. Software and drug groups outperformed, while retail and builders lagged. Crude closed higher Fri. and for the week despite a sharp drop Wed. The 10-year Treasury yield fell...
- Stock Market Rallies Back As Nasdaq, Dow Rise 1%. JUAN CARLOS ARANCIBIA // Investors Business Daily;9/26/2014, p00
The stock market bounced back Friday, as buying ramped up in afternoon trading.
- WEEKLY COMMENT ON PUERTO RICO STOCKS. L.A.R. // Caribbean Business;4/15/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 17, p12
Comments on the performance of Puerto Rico stocks during the week ended April 8, 2004. Dow Jones Industrial Average; Nasdaq Composite Index; Standard & Poor's 500 Index; Concern of investors about terrorism and fighting in Iraq.
- Stocks Rise In Weak Trade. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;4/30/2014, pA01
1 The Nasdaq climbed 0.7% for its first gain in 3 sessions. The S&P 500 and the Dow rose 0.5%. But volume fell across the board, suggesting a lack of institutional buying. The 10-year Treasury yield ticked down a basis point to 2.69%. Oil rose above $101 a barrel and gold slipped for a second day.
- Stocks End Slightly Higher. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;2/18/2015, pA01
2 The S&P 500 rose 0.2%, ending at a new record high, on hopes for a resolution to Greece's debt crisis. The Dow also climbed 0.2%, while the Nasdaq edged up 0.1%. Volume was lower across the board. The 10-year Treasury yield jumped 9 basis points to 2.14%. Oil rose for the third straight...
- Stocks Shift Back To Uptrend. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;9/9/2015, pA01
1 The Nasdaq leapt 2.7%, the S&P 500 2.5% and the Dow 2.4%. Volume rose vs. Fri.'s pre-holiday pace but remained below average. The indexes closed high in Tue.'s range, an unmistakably bullish sign. The market outlook moved back into a confirmed uptrend. The 10-year yield rose 6 ticks to 2.18%.
- Stocks Firmly In Red As Fed Weighs, But LinkedIn Defies Sell-Off. NANCY GONDO // Investors Business Daily;11/9/2015, p00
The article offers information on various aspects related to business-oriented social networking service LinkedIn. It provides figures from stock exchanges such as Nasdaq, Dow Jones industrial average, and Standard & Poor's 500 (S&P 500) regarding the status of the social network. Also mentioned...
- Stocks Trim Early Big Losses. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;9/30/2014, pA01
1 The Nasdaq lost 0.1% after being down 1.1% in the first 5 min. of trade. The S&P 500 and the Dow fell 0.3% and 0.2%, respectively. Volume was higher. The put-call ratio closed above 1 for the 3rd straight session, hinting at a short-term bottom. The 10-year yield fell 5 basis points to 2.48%.
- Stock Smarts. Weiss, Richard A. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);6/11/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p24
The article reports on the market performance of stocks in Nevada. The Standard & Poor's 500 index reached a new record at 1536. This comes with the fact that the economic growth rate in the state was at 0.6% during the first quarter of 2007. Both the Dow Jones industrial average and Standard &...