What's New in Sports Medicine
- An air and water show. Moore, Anne // Crain's Chicago Business;7/14/2014, Vol. 37 Issue 38, p0027
The article features Doctor Brian Cole and his family, as well as their home in Culver, Indiana. It claims that Doctor Cole is an orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine at Rush Oak Park Hospital and the head team physician of the Chicago Bulls basketball team. According to Doctor...
- Bilateral simultaneous anterior cruciate ligament injury: a case report and national survey of orthopedic surgeon management preference. Saadat, Ehsan; Curry, Emily J.; Xinning Li; Matzkin, Elizabeth G. // Orthopedic Reviews;2014, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p148
Unilateral anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tear is a common injury seen by sports medicine orthopedic surgeons. However, a bilateral simultaneous ACL injury is extremely rare and has been reported only three times in the literature. We present a young female skier with simultaneous bilateral...
- Microfracture for knee chondral defects: a survey of surgical practice among Canadian orthopedic surgeons. Theodoropoulos, John; Dwyer, Tim; Whelan, Daniel; Marks, Paul; Hurtig, Mark; Sharma, Pankaj // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;Dec2012, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p2430
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to describe the practice of microfracture surgery for knee chondral defects among Canadian orthopedic surgeons. Methods: All orthopedic surgeon members of the Canadian Orthopaedic Association were invited to participate in a survey, designed to explore the...
- Measures of Reliability in Sports Medicine and Science. Hopkins, W.G. // Sports Medicine;Jul2000, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p1
Reliability refers to the reproducibility of values of a test, assay or other measurement in repeated trials on the same individuals. Better reliability implies better precision of single measurements and better tracking of changes in measurements in research or practical settings. The main...
- CPD QUESTIONNAIRE. // South African Journal of Sports Medicine;2011, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p100
A quiz about topics related to sports medicine is presented.
- CPD QUEATIONNAIRE. // South African Journal of Sports Medicine;2012, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p132
A quiz about sports medicine is presented.
- Editorial. Davies, Tor // SportEX Dynamics;Jul2005, Issue 5, p1
Introduces a series of articles about sports medicine.
- San Francisco Named Fittest Metro Area. Halvorson, Ryan // IDEA Fitness Journal;Nov/Dec2008, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p13
This article focuses on a report from the American of Sports Medicine's ACSM Fitness Indexâ„¢ (AFI) which identified San Francisco, California as the fittest metro area in the U.S. Particular focus is given to the AFI program. 16 of the largest U.S. metropolitan areas were ranked in the...
- Clinical data lacking on whether single- or double-row fixation is superior for cuff repair. Owens, Colleen // Orthopedics Today;Apr2011, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p48
The article focuses on the claim of orthopedic surgeon Matthew L. Ramsey that the clinical data which could help determine whether single- or double-row fixation is better for rotator cuff repair is insufficient and that open rotator cuff repair remains the standard for cuff surgery.