Raoul Hoffmann and His External Fixator
- Orthopaedic surgeons and flaccid liberals. Barraclough, Kevin // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/12/2003, Vol. 326 Issue 7393, p829
Discusses the role of orthopedic surgeons in society. Division between physicians and surgeons; Importance of both to those patients who are saved from a lifetime of disability.
- New Center Offers Rehabilitation to Wounded Military. Halvorson, Ryan // IDEA Fitness Journal;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p19
This article reports on the opening of the Center for the Intrepid rehabilitation facility to military personnel who have been critically injured in the line of duty in January 2007. The center features a number of fitness equipment, an indoor running track, an indoor pool and even a FlowRide...
- Biographical Sketch: Julius Wolff, 1836Ã¢Â€Â“1902. // Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research;Apr2010, Vol. 468 Issue 4, p1047
A biography of orthopaedic doctor Julius Wolff is presented. He was born in MÃ¤rkisch Friedland in West Prussia (Miroslaweic, Poland) in March 1836. Wolff finished his medical degree at Freidrich Wilhelm University in 1860. In 1884, Wolff became a professor extraordinaire. He founded...
- Biographical Sketch: William S. Baer (1872-1931). Manring, M. M.; Calhoun, Jason H. // Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research;Apr2011, Vol. 469 Issue 4, p917
This biographical sketch on William S. Baer corresponds to the historic text, The Classic: The Treatment of Chronic Osteomyelitis With the Maggot (Larva of the Blow Fly), available at DOI .
- Physician Stress and Burnout:Taking Care of Yourself. ROSENSTEIN, ALAN H. // AAOS Now;Sep2013, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p33
The article focuses on the steps the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) members can take to reduce stress and avoid burnout. The goal of achieving greater flexibility and control over working hours may need to be approached incrementally. For physicians, one of the biggest barriers...
- The Expert Witness in Medical Malpractice Litigation. B. Bal // Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research;Feb2009, Vol. 467 Issue 2, p383
AbstractÂ Â Physicians may find serving as an expert witness to be interesting, intellectually stimulating, and financially beneficial. However, potential expert witnesses should be aware of the increased legal scrutiny being applied to expert witness testimony in medical malpractice...
- Zygmunt GÃ³rka -- lekarz, chirurg, nauczyciel, wychowawca i skromny czÅ‚owiek. // Polish Surgery / Chirurgia Polska;2011, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
No abstract available.
- Happiness is a choice we all can make. Kelly IV, John D. // Orthopedics Today;Jan2009, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p22
The article discusses how orthopedic surgeons can seek happiness.
- Society News. // AAOS Now;Aug2012, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p48
The article offers news briefs related to orthopaedics industry in the U.S. The Hip Society Rothman-Ranwat Traveling Fellowship announces the availability of four positions for orthopaedic surgeons. The Association of Bone and Joint Surgeons (ABJS) seeks submission of nominees for the Urist and...