Modified Bilhaut-Cloquet Procedure for Wassel Type-II and III Polydactyly of the Thumb
- Modified Bilhaut-Cloquet Procedure for Wassel Type-IT and III Polydactyly of the Thumb. Goo Hyun Baek; Hyun Sik Gong; Moon Sang Chung; Joo Han Oh; Young Ho Lee; Sang Ki Lee // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Mar2008 Supplement, Vol. 90-A, p74
BACKGROUND: The Bilhaut-Cloquet operation is a combined surgical procedure for the treatment of a symmetric bifid thumb. Although this procedure can obtain a normal-sized thumb with a stable interphalangeal joint, it has limitations, such as the technical difficulty of combining all segments of...
- onychophyma. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1632
A definition of the medical term "onychophyma" which refers to the painful degeneration of the nail combined with hypertrophy is presented.
- Editor's Comments. Johnson, Charles F. // Clinical Pediatrics;Nov1975, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p1012
This article focuses on the clinical importance of careful examination of the hand of any child who looks unusual or has congenital anomalies, with giving suggestions for the systematic examination. It is suggested that the study of skin creases and dermal ridges should be a routine part of this...
- PAULA'S LETHAL MANICURE. // NW;5/17/2004, Vol. 12 Issue 20, p40
Reports on the thumb surgery undergone by U.S. singer Paula Abdul after an accidental nail puncture. Reaction of a friend of Abdul on the surgery; Possible effects of the injury on her performer.
- Results of vertical figure-of-eight tension band suture for finger nail disruptions with fractures of distal phalanx. Memon, Fayaz W. // Indian Journal of Orthopaedics;May/Jun2012, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p346
Background: Fingertip injuries involve varying degree of fractures of the distal phalanx and nail bed or nail plate disruptions. The treatment modalities recommended for these injuries include fracture fixation with K-wire and meticulous repair of nail bed after nail removal and later...
- Surgical images: musculoskeletal Hook nail in a pediatric patient. Harvey, Edward J. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Oct2008, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p396
The article presents a surgical procedure for a 7-year-old girl presented 3 years after a large tip amputation which has been treated with an attempt at closure and an eventual outcome of painful finger with a rounded or "hook" nail deformity. It proposes an Atasoy or antennae procedure for the...
- onychophyma. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p1521
A definition of the medical term "onychophyma" is presented. Onychophyma refers to painful degeneration of the nail with hypertrophy. The definition is from the "Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary," published by F.A. Davis Co.
- Benefits at a Glance. // Current Health 1;Dec2004, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p18
Provides information on the health benefits of dancing, including the improvement of flexibility.
- The body elastic. Allen, Laura // Science World;02/07/97, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p9
Provides information on how some people can bend their bodies into seemingly impossible positions. Feats of performers Nomin Tseveendorf and Ulzibayar Chimed from Mongolia, members of Canadian circus Cirque du Soleil; Flexibility of the range of motion of people with elastic body. INSET: Were...