Modified Bilhaut-Cloquet Procedure for Wassel Type-II and III Polydactyly of the Thumb
- Modified Bilhaut-Cloquet Procedure for Wassel Type-IT and III Polydactyly of the Thumb. Goo Hyun Baek; Hyun Sik Gong; Moon Sang Chung; Joo Han Oh; Young Ho Lee; Sang Ki Lee // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Mar2008 Supplement, Vol. 90-A, p74
BACKGROUND: The Bilhaut-Cloquet operation is a combined surgical procedure for the treatment of a symmetric bifid thumb. Although this procedure can obtain a normal-sized thumb with a stable interphalangeal joint, it has limitations, such as the technical difficulty of combining all segments of...
- Editor's Comments. Johnson, Charles F. // Clinical Pediatrics;Nov1975, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p1012
This article focuses on the clinical importance of careful examination of the hand of any child who looks unusual or has congenital anomalies, with giving suggestions for the systematic examination. It is suggested that the study of skin creases and dermal ridges should be a routine part of this...
- Results of vertical figure-of-eight tension band suture for finger nail disruptions with fractures of distal phalanx. Memon, Fayaz W. // Indian Journal of Orthopaedics;May/Jun2012, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p346
Background: Fingertip injuries involve varying degree of fractures of the distal phalanx and nail bed or nail plate disruptions. The treatment modalities recommended for these injuries include fracture fixation with K-wire and meticulous repair of nail bed after nail removal and later...
- Ontogeny of two-point discrimination for fingers and toes in children (ages 7 through 15 years). Richards, P.M.; Persinger, M.A. // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Jun98 Part 1, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p1259
Investigates accuracies of two-point discriminations for the middle fingers and the middle toes for children, from ages 7 to 15 years. What has been attributed to the primary differences in digital flexibility between forelimbs and hindlimbs; What tactile discrimination is based on.
- The body elastic. Allen, Laura // Science World;02/07/97, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p9
Provides information on how some people can bend their bodies into seemingly impossible positions. Feats of performers Nomin Tseveendorf and Ulzibayar Chimed from Mongolia, members of Canadian circus Cirque du Soleil; Flexibility of the range of motion of people with elastic body. INSET: Were...
- Double-jointed people make better music. // Current Science;1/14/94, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p14
Discusses a study which relates a person's double jointedness to musical ability. Percent double jointedness among American naval officers.
- What you need to know about flexibility. Young, Stephanie // Glamour;Jan98, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p46
Examines flexibility, and its relation to aging. How is flexibility determined; Outline of some of the myths associated with flexibility; Probability that flexibility can prevent injury.
- PL-RR-327-F. // Physical Therapy;May1997, Vol. 77 Issue 5, pS105
Presents an abstract of a paper entitled `The Effect of Time and Frequency of Static Stretch on Flexibility of the Hamstring Muscles,' by W.D. Bandy, J.M. Irion et al, presented at the Physical Therapy `97: Scientific Meeting and Exposition of the American Physical Therapy Association.
- PL-RR-328-F. // Physical Therapy;May1997, Vol. 77 Issue 5, pS105
Presents an abstract of a paper entitled `Comparison of Static Stretch and Dynamic Range of Motion on the Effects of Hamstring Flexibility,' by W.D. Bandy, J.M. Irion et al, presented at the Physical Therapy `97: Scientific Meeting and Exposition of the American Physical Therapy Association.