Heterotopic Ossification Following Traumatic and Combat-Related Amputations
- New Campaign Stars recognize Multiple Deployments. J, Richard // All Hands;Jul2008, Issue 1096, p7
The article reports on the establishment of campaign stars for Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) and Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF) designed to recognize support delivered to OEF and OIF for seven different service stages.
- Bush Sends War Supplemental to Hill. Baumann, David // National Journal;3/29/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p1006
Focuses on the supplemental spending legislation for the war in Iraq and homeland security sent by U.S. President George W. Bush to the Congress in March 2003. Allocation of the supplemental spending requested; Concerns of some legislators on the budget request.
- Where to fight the war on terror -- over there, or here? Sowell, Thomas // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;7/23/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p14
The author argues that the U.S. should continue fighting the war on terror in Iraq. The implications of the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq are discussed. He describes the significance of the war in Iraq for terrorists. He comments on the impact of terrorist or Iranian control of Iraq on the...
- The Motive for Terrorism That Officials Dare Not Acknowledge. Porter, Gareth // Foreign Policy in Focus;9/13/2011, p3
The article explores how the U.S. campaign in Iraq and Afghanistan is gaining support for jihadist movement. Citing intelligence reports, security experts state that the threat coming from self-radicalized cells will expand in the region and abroad. Surveys conducted in South Asia revealed that...
- FROM THE ' OLD ' TO THE ' NEW ' SUSPECT COMMUNITY Examining the Impacts of Recent UK Counter-Terrorist Legislation. Pantazis, Christina; Pemberton, Simon // British Journal of Criminology;Sep2009, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p646
The 'war on terror' has emerged as the principal conflict of our time, where 'Islamic fanaticism' is identified as the greatest threat to Western liberal democracies. Within the United Kingdom, and beyond, this political discourse has designated Muslims as the new 'enemy within' -- justifying...
- JUSTICE IN A TIME OF TERROR. Hudson, Barbara // British Journal of Criminology;Sep2009, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p702
The war on terror has seen the occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan; the use of torture on detainees in Guantanamo Bay; extension of periods of detention without trial, and increased levels of surveillance and control in the United Kingdom and the United States. Although being fought in the name...
- Is Obama a Turkey or an Eagle? Rossiter, Caleb // Foreign Policy in Focus;10/28/2010, p4
The author reflects on the aggressive and anti-imperialist symbols of U.S. foreign policy, specifically the U.S. war on terror. He mentions the divide between the Democratic and Republican parties over how to combat the war on terror but not about the opposition of Islamist groups to U.S....
- Tophatters Take It to the Enemy. Gordon, Robert // Wings of Gold;Winter2011, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p22
The article focuses on Tophatters, the U.S. Navy's strike fighter squadron VFA-14, that has faced two battles including operation New Dawn in Iraq and operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan. Comments on the awards won by the members of the squadron including CVW-9 Top Hook award and Top...
- LETTERS. Gialousis, Caliope; Phelan, Bill; Smith, Linda M.; Pearson, Joe; Parker, Jim // Editor & Publisher;Apr2008, Vol. 141 Issue 4, p6
Several letters to editor are presented in response to articles in 2008 issues, including "From Spin Zone to War Zone," "Five Years Later: Pundits Who Were Wrong on Iraq," and an article on mass media's response to the 2007-2008 mortgage crisis.