Carnegie Learning Plans More Aggressive Move into Higher Ed
- New products TOOLS FOR SCHOOLS. // Curriculum Administrator;Dec2001, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p76
Presents innovations in educational materials in the United States. Features of the Projects for the Real World by Wasatch Interactive Learning Inc.; Group targeted by The Kingfisher Science Encyclopedia; Price of the Cognitive Tutor for Writers by Carnegie Learning Inc.
- AAP: K-12 Sales Increase 10%; College Sales Plummet, Returns Rise. // Educational Marketer;11/13/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p5
Reports the sales of United States K-12 instructional materials in September 2000.
- With a Chance for More Textbook Funding, Florida Is K-12 Bright Spot. // Educational Marketer;2/17/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the projected growth of the K-12 educational publishers in terms of funding for instructional materials in Florida. Amount allocated for instructional materials; Constitutional requirement to fund constitutional voters; Sales opportunity for publishers.
- Where is that lesson? It's easy to find with LRMI. DeNisco, Alison // District Administration;Oct2013, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p74
The article looks at the Learning Resource Metadata Initiative (LRMI), created by the U.S. Association of Educational Publishers and Creative Commons that can be used by teachers for searching for instructional materials online.
- CHECKLIST. // School Library Journal;Feb81, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p35
Lists educational materials released in the United States as of February 2001. 'Puppets and You in the Library,' a booklet from the Orange County Public Library in California; 'Invitations, Celebrations: A Handbook of Ideas and Techniques for Promoting Reading in Junior and Senior High...
- Digital Helps To Drive Hard-Won Success In First Half of 2009. // Educational Marketer;8/17/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 16, p5
The article reports on the role of digital books in the success of the college market in the U.S. in the first half of 2009. It mentions the increase in net sales of instructional materials in the college market. According to Will Ethridge, chief executive officer (CEO) of Pearson PLC's North...
- Adaptations of BSCS Materials by Latin American Biologists. Peterson, Glen; Grobman, Hulda // BioScience;Jan1966, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p45
The article presents information on the adaptations of the U.S. high school biology materials prepared by the Biological Sciences Curriculum Study (BSCS) into other languages. It suggests that for use in overseas countries, it would be appropriate to translate some of this material to make them...
- Curriculum and Instruction. // American School Board Journal;Nov2008, Vol. 195 Issue 11, p55
The article reviews several products and services useful for educators in the U.S. including a computer tutoring program by Carnegie Learning, warm-up lessons by Daily Bite Publications, and products such as furniture from Lakeshore Learning.
- K-12 Sales Inch Up In July, While College Sales Show Stronger Growth. // Educational Marketer;09/06/99, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the sales of instructional materials for K-12 and college students in the United States in July 1999.