As Its Own Sale Progresses, Thomson Learning Acquires College Web-Based Tools Provider Aplia
- Thomson acquires Mexican publisher. // Fairfield County Business Journal;01/29/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p8
Focuses on Stamford, Connecticut-based Thomson Learning's acquisition of North America-based higher-education, business and economics publisher ECAFSA.
- Merger Market Vibrant in 2006. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/1/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 1, p3
The article contends that the same factors which made the 2006 mergers and acquisitions (M&A) market vibrant will continue in the book publishing industry in 2007. The same factors that helped make 2006 a big year in the M&A field are carrying into 2007 and should make the new year another...
- Thomson Learning Signs Up With Aplia For Economics Textbooks. // Educational Marketer;4/4/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p2
Reports on the deal made between Thomson Learning Corp. and Web-based tools provider Aplia in the U.S. Terms of the deal; Benefits of the deal for parties concerned; Details on the companies' services.
- News Briefs... // Educational Marketer;02/12/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the acquisition of Mexican higher education business and economics publisher ECAFSA by Thomson Learning.
- Thomson Learning Acquires Forbes Academic Custom Publishing Div. // Educational Marketer;05/01/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p7
Reports on the acquisition of academic custom publishing division of Forbes Inc. by Thomson Learning.
- Lindon-based Galton Technologies to be sold to Connecticut company. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/11/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p1
Reports on Thomson Learning's acquisition of Galton Technologies Inc. Terms of agreement; History of Galton Technologies; Expected benefits from the acquisition; Nature of business of the two companies.
- Thomson Learning Combines Two Higher Ed. Publishing Operations. // Educational Marketer;07/03/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p5
Reports that Thompson Learning company merged the operations of its higher education publishers, Brooks/Cole and Wadsworth, to create a an organization called Wadsworth Group.
- McGraw-Hill Children's Publishing Adds Frank Schaffer Publications. // Educational Marketer;06/04/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p3
Reports the acquisition of Toronto, Ontario-based Torsta's Frank Schaffer Publications by New York-based McGraw-Hill Cos. in May 2001.
- With Two Mega-Deals Closed, Future M & A Activity Seeks To Fill Niches. // Educational Marketer;8/20/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p5
Provides information on mergers and acquisitions in the publishing industry in the United States in 2001, including the acquisition of Boston Brahmin Houghton Mifflin by Vivendi Universal.