Lying in Wait
- Free float in demand. Basson, Handrie // Finance Week;05/11/2001, p40
Explains the advantages of free float in evaluating stocks. Expected shift to exclusive accommodation of freely tradeable shares in South Africa-based Johannesburg Stock Exchange indices; Consideration of shares that have the potential to become available for investors to buy and sell.
- Market Commentary Our cash position explained. // Dow Theory Forecasts;3/9/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p3
The article explains the implications of the low stock market trend in the U.S. as of March 2009, based on various stock price indexes. It discusses the significance of stock valuation in examining the market's movement. However, Oceaneering International Inc.'s stock is an attractive value...
- Qatar: Equities Still On The Up. // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/12/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p18
The article reports that Qatar's DSM20 Index of stock prices is expected to increase to 7,800-7,900 in a few weeks from the 7,581 closing on October 8, 2009. Business Monitor International (BMI) says that the DSM20 Index of Qatar is exhibiting a trend similar to those of the Saudi Arabia and...
- THE NASDAQ: WHAT A DRAG! Kadlec, Daniel // Time;10/23/2000, Vol. 156 Issue 17, p72
Reports on the condition of stock value on the NASDAQ composite index in the United States. Suggestion that stock prices that were cheap were doubled up with borrowed money; Thought that investors should take risks in stocks that have lost some value; Stock outlook.
- What's ailing big stocks? // Dow Theory Forecasts;10/18/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 42, p2
Discusses the importance of the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) and the Standard and Poor's (S&P) 500 Index in measuring stock market trends in the United States. Use of S&P 500 Index for index investing and performance measurement; Ways to outperform DJIA and S&P index without much...
- SHOWBIZ STOCKS. // Daily Variety;03/15/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 9, p8
Presents a chart of entertainment industry stocks, as of March 15, 2000. Mention of volume traded on exchanges such as the Dow Jones Industrials and AMEX Index; Data for companies including Ackerley, Cablevision, Dick Clark Productions, Imax, New York Times, Sony Corp., TV Guide, and Univision.
- WHAT WE'RE THINKING: See the forest and the trees. Moroney, Richard // Dow Theory Forecasts;4/25/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 17, p2
The article presents the author's views on the predictions of the valuation of the stock market in the U.S. He believes that relying too much on capitalization-weighted indexes such as the Standard & Poor's (S&P) 500 Index could pose dangers to investors especially in predictions which are based...
- Gulf Stocks: Short-Term Rally Ahead? // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/16/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 43, p17
The article discusses an outlook for financial markets in the Middle East. It is noted that the Tadawul All-Share Index of Saudi Arabia is the most likely to recover. The housing bubble in the United Arab Emirates is expected to affect stock valuations in the country. It is forecasted that...
- Suppliers lead way in Q3. de Saint-Seine, Sylviane // Automotive News Europe;10/16/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p20
The article focuses on the performance of the European automotive stocks for the third quarter of 2006. The European stocks were able to outperform the world's stock markets. The majority of shares in the automotive sector gave investors a higher return since July 2006. The index for 24...