Assessing the Long and Short of It
- Kings of the Hill. // Pest Management Professional;Dec2012, Vol. 80 Issue 12, pS12
The article offers insights from the presidents of several pest management companies included in the 2012 100 list of the "Pest Management Professional" (PMP) magazine regarding the success of their business in 2012 and forecasts for 2013. It highlights the views by Rentokil president John...
- Thiokol Corp. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/15/1992, Vol. 136 Issue 24, p29
Announces the appointment of John R. Myers as president and chief operating officer of Thiokol Corp. Myers, who leaves as president of the Lycoming Div. of Textron Inc., will join the rocket motor and ordnance maker July 6.
- â€˜New territoryâ€™ for prelate and people. Lefevere, Patricia // National Catholic Reporter;10/19/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 44, p17
Reports on the appointment of bishop John Myers to head the archdiocese in Newark, New Jersey. Communication to religious community in Spanish and Italian languages; Emphasis on the value of human life in evangelical teachings; Principle concerning the practice of human sexuality.
- Now praying in Peoria. Woodward, K.L.; Rogers, P. // Newsweek;8/5/1991, Vol. 118 Issue 6, p46
Discusses the growing popularity of the recently appointed Roman Catholic bishop John Myers, 50, of Peoria, Ill., who has replaced Edward O'Rourke. Myers is a clerical autocrat, who is among the new wave of American bishops to eliminate doctrinal dissent and confusion. His background; Seminary...
- Myers magic through the lights. // Cycle World;Feb96, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p81
Reports on the performance of John Myers at the NHRA 1995 drag race in Pomona, California. Topping all qualifiers; New track speed record; Winner for seventh time; Which bike he rode.
- Newark paper calls on prelate to resign. ROEWE, BRIAN // National Catholic Reporter;5/10/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 15, p7
The article offers information on the issues related to the resignation of Newark, New Jersey-based Archbishop John J. Myers after an April 2013 investigative story revealed an archdiocese san priest violated the terms of a court-ordered agreement to stay away from children.
- Peoria's John Myers takes conservative message to Newark. McClory, Robert // National Catholic Reporter;8/24/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 37, p15
Reports on the expansion of the area under the leadership of bishop John Myers in the U.S. Number of Catholics in the areas; Poverty status of the areas; Contributions of Myers to the Roman Catholic Church.
- A eulogy to eulogies. // U.S. Catholic;Apr2003, Vol. 68 Issue 4, p7
Reports on the decision of archbishop John J. Myers to ban eulogies in Newark, New Jersey. Reason behind the move; Reaction of parishioners to the ban.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Music Week;6/25/2011, Issue 25, p6
The article offers news briefs related to the music industry in Great Britain including the report from John Myers, Radio Academy chief executive officer (CEO), which recommends structure at the music network of the British Broadcasting Corp., the award received by Iron Maiden at the Metal...