Hoping For a Warrant Windfall
- Giordano Converts Bond Research. Hahn, Avital // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/2/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 37, p9
The article reports that the boutique investment bank J. Giordano Securities Group has continued to develop the business, most recently adding two senior research analysts and resurrecting the more traditional style of research. At present, the firm employs about a dozen in its convertibles...
- Giordano Takes Old-School Approach to Converts. Hahn, Avital // High Yield Report;10/2/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 37, p9
The article reports on the business expansion activity of U.S.-based boutique investment bank J. Giordano Securities Group. The company has continued to develop its business, despite the trimming down of the convertible bond research teams and job slashing of Wall Street shops. J. Giordano...
- MedicalCV enters settlement agreement with securities group. // Medical Device Daily;10/23/2007, Vol. 11 Issue 203, p3
The article reports on a settlement agreement entered into by MedicalCV in which it will pay J Giordano Securities Group $750,000 in cash. The parties entered into the agreement to resolve the disputes stemming from the parties' December 2004 engagement deal without admitting any liability....
- J. Giordano Kills Junk Sales And Trading. // High Yield Report;1/21/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p3
The article offers world news briefs related to financial services industry. J. Giordano Securities Group reduces its high yields sales in small-cap and middle-market firms because of the negative condition of the credit market. RBC Capital Management announces the appointment of David Pichler...
- Boutique Sees Opportunity in Street Turmoil. Papini, Jessica // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/12/2007, Vol. 73 Issue 43, p13
The article reports on the expansion plans of Stamford, Connecticut-based J Giordano Securities Group despite the turmoil within the investment banks on Wall Street in New York City. James Giordano, president of J Giordano Securities Group, believes that the turmoil at the large brokerage firms...
- Mirant's CEO Marce Fuller looks beyond California. Boschee, Pam // Electric Light & Power;Aug2001, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p4
Presents and interview with Marce Fuller, chief executive officer of Mirant Corp. on business operations in California. Rate of generating capacity intended for the state; List of contracts initiated with the state; Effect of legal and political issue on company operations.
- Delta CFO Joins Mirant. // Treasury & Risk Management;May2004, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p10
Reports that Michele Burns, Delta Air Lines Inc.'s chief financial officer, is quitting to become executive vice president and chief financial officer of Mirant Corp., a power producer and energy trader in Atlanta, Georgia. Career history.
- Warrant what? Raynor, Geoffrey // Business Press;9/22/95, Vol. 8 Issue 21, p25
Discusses the commercial viability of stock warrants vis-a-vis the stock options. Definition of warrants; Processes; Peculiar characteristics; Features increasing the value of the warrants.
- Jefferson County, Ala., Sells $94 Million After S&P Upgrade. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31587, p30
Reports on the sale of 94 million dollars of general obligation capital warrants by Jefferson County in Alabama, as of March 2003. Details of the deal; Insurers of the deal; Underwriters of the deal.