- THE WEEK. // National Review;7/3/2006, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p4
The article discusses news for the week of July 3, 2006. White House aide Karl Rove, who was under investigation for leaking the identity of a CIA agent, will not be charged by prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald. Republican Brian Bilbray won a special election to the United States House of...
- SPECIAL PDB EDITION. // Newsweek;4/19/2004, Vol. 143 Issue 16, p6
Offers what the article considers is conventional wisdom regarding several news items. Assessment of public opinion of U.S. President George W. Bush in light of recent commission hearings investigating terrorism prevention prior to September 11, 2001; Opinion regarding Condoleezza Rice's...
- PRIMARY SOURCES. // Atlantic;Jun2003, Vol. 291 Issue 5, p34
The article presents a selection of news briefs discussing a variety of research papers and official reports. Topics include the United States Army's postwar plans for Iraq, the potential terrorist threat posed by Pakistan, the Palestinian economy, the United States military's policy on...
- CRYING LIBERTY EDITION. // Newsweek;6/12/2006, Vol. 147 Issue 24, p6
The article provides various news briefs concerning several people and events throughout the world. Topics of discussion include the U.S. war in Iraq, administrative news on Wall Street, and Homeland Security funding for anti-terrorist efforts. News anchor Katie Couric, the World Cup soccer...
- DOG DAYS EDITION. // Newsweek;9/5/2005, Vol. 146 Issue 9/10, p7
Presents a look at and reaction to some stories in the news. Description of public reaction to United States President George W. Bush's 9/11 link and pro-war offensive, fulfillment of the promise to vacate Gaza settlements, Sean (Puffy) Combs' latest name change, and more.
- THIS IS BUSH'S WAR. Schneider, William // National Journal;3/29/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p1022
Comments on the U.S. war with Iraq which started in March in 2003. Assessment of U.S. public support for the war; Casualty rate; Criticisms on the decision of President George W. Bush to declare war against Iraq; Factors that boost public support for the war.
- INSIDE NCR. Roberts, Tom // National Catholic Reporter;3/28/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p2
Presents various thoughts that came on March 19, the day of the war deadline of the U.S. against Iraq. Arguments and justifications for war; Questions about the legitimate use of force and how to respond to evil in the world; Role of the 'National Catholic Reporter.'
- The Fall of Baghdad. // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;4/25/2003, Vol. 71 Issue 24, p2
No abstract available.
- Before Reading. // Junior Scholastic;11/12/2007, Vol. 110 Issue 7, p12
The article focuses on the war between Iraq and the U.S., which started in March 2003.
- Cakewalks and slam dunks: realities of the Iraq War. McCarthy, Colman // National Catholic Reporter;1/20/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p20
The author reflects on the realities of the war and violence in Iraq.