Scanning The Seabed
- Grain-Size Trend Analysis for the Determination of Non-Biogenic Sediment Transport Pathways on the Kwinte Bank (southern North Sea), in Relation to Sand Dredging. Poulos, Serafim E.; Ballay, Arnaud // Journal of Coastal Research;Nov2010 Supplement, p95
Grain-size trend analysis is applied to the determination of sediment transport pathways over the Kwinte Bank, southern North Sea; which had been subjected to intensive dredging, within the context of the environmental impact of dredging activities. On the basis of the results of grain-size...
- Gone, But Not Forgotten. Auer, Jens; McKenna, Labhoise; Gribble, John // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Mar2006, p24
The article presents an account of the Wrecks on the Seabed Project launched by Wessex Archaeology in 2002 to provide offshore industry, regulators and contractors with guidance on the archaeological assessment, evaluation and recording of wreck sites in areas subject to seabed development. The...
- Happy Christmas! // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Dec2002, p3
Focuses on the aggregates dredging industry in Great Britain. Assessment of the policing systems of the industry; Conservation records of the contractors; Sustainability of marine aggregate dredging.
- Dredging For Tomorrow's World. Russell, Mark // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Dec2002, p22
Focuses on the marine aggregates dredging in Great Britain. Increase use of aggregates in the construction industry; Transparency of the dredging operations; Evaluation of the production licenses. INSETS: BMAPA;Boom In Qatar;North To North-East.
- Study confirms dredging's environmental friendliness. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Apr2001, p6
Presents information on a research project to assess the impact of aggregates dredging on marine life, commissioned by the British Marine Aggregate Producers Association (BMAPA). Results of the survey; Other projects initiated by BMAPA; Suggestions for the dredging.
- Palm Island dredgers sand and deliver. // Process Engineering;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 90 Issue 2, p34
The article announces that Palm Deira in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in the Gulf of Arabia will be the third and last region's new Palm Islands. The construction of the man-made island is scheduled to finish some time before 2015, which involves dredging one billion tons of rock and sand from...
- Site investigations set the scene for successful dredging works. White, John // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Feb98, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p20
Explains the process involved in planning and conducting effective site investigations for dredging works. Assessment of the geotechnical characteristics and volumes of the materials to be excavated; Use of hydrographic surveying to determine the topography of the seabed at the excavation sites.
- Multibeam survey monitors Bremerhaven channel dredging. Liebert, Roland; Ulmke, Lars O. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Feb99, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p13
Describes how a multibeam system is being used to monitor a dredging project in Weser Estuary in Germany. Expansion project for the container terminal in Bremerhaven, Germany; Awarding of contract to the ConsultING-Team to provide hydrographic surveying services; Equipment installation;...
- Enhanced hydro survey capability eases site investigation. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Feb99, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p17
Reports on the advantages of using hydrographic survey technology as part of the site investigation process for dredging works. Prediction of seasonal wave conditions on which to base the potential for downtime; Environmental monitoring associated with dredging works; Examples of hydrographic...