Shouting Fro The Rooftops Gets Quieter
- Roofer madness. Isenberg, David // America's Network;10/01/99, Vol. 103 Issue 15, p21
Looks at the implications of Nokia's acquisition of Rooftop Communications. Potential of network architecture as a multihop, multipoint network; Installation issues on wireless devices; Rooftop's devices priced for small business.
- Mobilising the third generation. Shankar, Bhawani; McClelland, Stephen // Telecommunications - International Edition;Aug97, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p27
Discusses various trends in the global cellular market. Shift of mobile communications from a supply-led to a demand-led industry; Adoption of code division multiple access; Improvement on capacity and coverage through the use of multipath propagation; Development of a system that could work in...
- Personal handyphone. // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p15
Reports on the popularity of the personal handyphone systems among high schools in Japan.
- Pump up the volume. Meall, Lesley // Accountancy;Apr2003, Vol. 131 Issue 1316, p70
Focuses on the impact of the emergence of mobile telephone technology in Great Britain. Visibility of ringtones and logos; Popularity of short messaging services; Decline of the global music sector.
- Hold that cellular phone call. Please! Looney, Douglas S. // Christian Science Monitor;4/24/98, Vol. 90 Issue 104, pB8
Discusses the apparent ubiquitous nature of cellular phones in the late 1990s. How cellular phones have impacted sporting events; The distraction that cell phones bring to a sporting event.
- Cellular phone expenses. Keys Jr., E. Theodore // Internal Auditor;Apr97, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p81
Deals with the corporation which was concerned about employees' escalating costs related to cellular phone expenses and usage. Requirements for employees who needed cellular phones to conduct business; How the internal auditor found significant violations of corporate policy in the report;...
- At last, cellular etiquette. Spotleson, Bruce // Las Vegas Business Press;06/16/97, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p4
Opinion. Shares the author's list of do's and don'ts for using cellular telephones. Key points one must accept about cellular phones; Unacceptable use of cellular phones in movie houses; Risk of taking a call while inside an elevator; Avoiding cell calls from the boss.
- Remember when...there were no cell phones? Forster, Jeff // Medical Economics;06/15/98, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p187
Editorial. Discusses the time when cellular phones were not in existence. What people did during this time; Details on the benefits of cellular phones; Examples of some `Obnoxious Cell Phone' experiences.
- Rivals rush to sell phones that go where customers go. Slaton, James // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/16/96, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p6
Reports on the innovations in cellular phones technology. Products from MCI, BellSouth and PrimeCo; Comments from Monica Packi, an analyst for Frost and Sullivan, a telecommunications consulting firm in Mountainview, California and Robert Rosenberg, president of Insight Research Corporation in...