A Speedy 800-pound Gorilla?
- WHY ERICSSON'S BOARD MEETS IN SILICON ALLEY. // Industry Week/IW;12/11/2000, Vol. 249 Issue 20, p92
Focuses on Cyberlab, the research and development facility established by L.M. Ericsson Telephone Co. and New York City Investment Fund. Functions of the Cyberlab facility; Details on Cyberlab employees' use of wireless phones; Information on the start-up residence programs operated by Cyberlab.
- The Web's dark side. Zalud, Bill // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb98, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p186
Presents information on a study of firms which provide their employees with Internet/Web access, points to a dark side. Statistical information on employees who waste company time surfing the Web for non business reasons.
- The Internet's growth problems. Naldi, Maurizio // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan1998, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p55
Focuses on the growth problems of the Internet. Impact of Internet on public network services; Intrinsic distributed nature of the Internet; Diffusion data; Alternative strategies to divert Internet traffic.
- On...the...firstname.lastname@example.org. Lam, Shona // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;05/15/97, Vol. 156 Issue 10, p1465
Presents advice in conducting Internet searches. Highlights from the web site of the Canadian Medical Association; Recommendation of the web site of the Family Physician Asthma Group of Canada.
- Intranet chic: The enterprise is where it's at. // American Banker;9/16/96 Supplement, Vol. 161 Issue 177, p2A
Focuses on the business possibilities of the Internet. Hype about consumer transactions via networks of personal computers; Group-work collaboration.
- Technology advances require new kind of code of conduct. Vartanian, Thomas P. // American Banker;12/9/96 Supplement, Vol. 161, p11A
Asserts that the Internet has changed many rules of business. Need for business enterprises to adjust written policies; Statement regarding cyberspace access; Contracts between employees and other parties in cyberspace; Security of electronic value; Confidentiality of information.
- Selling on the Internet. Prehn, Eileen // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p43
Reports that global expansion and acceptance of the Internet would have a profound effect on marketing in the Asia Pacific region in the years 1995- 2000. Comments by Bob Wehling, senior vice president of the American Procter & Gamble Company; Six core benefits of marketing online.
- Who will pay for the Internet? // Academe;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p44
Focuses on the commercialization of the Internet. Ethical issues; Implications on publishers.
- Bulletin board. // Advertising Age;11/11/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 46, p46
Presents tidbits related to the Internet. Poppe Tyson as slowing down its initial public offering plans; Amazon.com as seeking new advertising agency; Electric Minds Web site launch with Netscape Communications Corp. and Sun Microsystems as the site's first sponsors; Cyber Promotions' request...