Finding a Needle In A Haystack
- Siemens deal lets 10 carriers deploy WAP. // RCR;01/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p14
Reports on Siemens' agreement with Phone.com that will allow commercial deployment of Wireless Application Protocol-based services by more than ten wireless operators in Europe and Asia.
- Warning To WAP: Reinvent Or Waste Away. Quigley, Paul // Wireless Week;07/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 28, p10
Reports on the problems faced by Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) in 2000. Advertisement of BTCellnet; Opinion on WAP; Actions taken by Siemens AG; WAP plans of NTT DoCoMo.
- SignalSoft Joins WAP Forum. // Wireless Week;12/20/99, Vol. 5 Issue 51, p22
Announces the participation of software developer SignalSoft in the Wireless Application Protocol Forum. Information on the forum's members; Aim of the forum; Comments from David Hose, president of SignalSoft.
- Handheld Web May Not Open Images. Lopez, Ed // Wireless Week;08/09/99, Vol. 5 Issue 32, p20
States that data-intensive displays that personal computer users associate with Internet browsing cannot simply be transferred over to wireless communication devices. Constraints with the Wireless Application Protocol for wireless Internet devices; Implications of the differences in wireless...
- WAP handset sales to accelerate. // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p24
Informs on the predicted rise in the shipment of Wireless Application Protocol- (WAP) enabled handsets from 2000 through 2004, according to Allied Business Intelligence.
- Vendors push wireless data spec. // Telephony;01/26/98, Vol. 234 Issue 4, p82
Focuses on the formation of the Wireless Applications Protocol Forum to facilitate the development of wireless data content in the United States.
- Wap happy. Walley // Global Telephony;Nov99, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p7
Reports on the plans by several European companies to commercially launch wireless application protocol services. Reaching saturation levels for mobile penetration in Europe; Plan to offer Sonera Zed solution and technology platform; Telia Mobile's launching of MyDOF, a location-sensitive...
- The Yap About WAP. Kamadolli, Shyam // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec2000, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p90
Reports on telecommunications carriers' confidence in the potential of Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) as they venture into wireless data services. Background on the development of WAP; Estimated users of WAP devices; WAP applications developed and in development stage.
- Actually, 2000 Was All Right. Swasey, Larry // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Feb2001, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p28
Comments on the performance of the wireless data market in the United States in 2000. Comparison between the WAP (Wireless Application Protocol) and Japan's iMode; Factors limiting the growth of WAP; Estimated number of wireless data users in 2005.