VeloCom Eyes Long-Term Growth Potential Of Brazilian Market
- Velocom expands Latin American holdings. // RCR;10/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p34
Reports on VeleCom Inc.'s acquisition of the Latin American assets of SLI Wireless SA of Argentina and Taquari Participatores SA of Brazil in return for stock. VeloCom's control of SLI's interests in two Argentine data transmission companies, Telatina SA and Smartel SA; License for VeloCom to...
- VeloCom launches Buenos Aires service. // RCR;03/20/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p49
Reports on VeloCom Inc.'s high-speed Internet and data transmission services in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Australian telescope gets 100GHz frequency detail. // Electronics Weekly;1/9/2002, Issue 2034, p5
Reports on the upgrade of the Australia Telescope radio telescope with low-noise indium phosphide amplifiers and digital receiver chips from Velocium.
- Nortel wins contract from VeloCom in Brazil. // RCR;09/13/99, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p67
Reports that Canbra Telefonica, VeloCom Inc.'s consortium in Brazil, awarded a contract to Nortel Networks Corp. to design and build a wireless network to deliver telephone and data services.
- CeBIT report. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Aug97, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p19
Reports on developments in the telecommunication industry as of August 1997. Includes the formation of a joint-venture of Libertel and Electronic Data Systems to offer customers a complete mobile communications package; China's State Council's approval of China United Telecommunications Corp.'s...
- Advice from Adland. McClelland, Stephen // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan1998, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p12
Opinion. Focuses on the competition among telecommunications service providers. Money that will be wasted on advertising; Proliferation of multiple products and services.
- CDMA in Israel, the Philippines. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan1998, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p26
Reports on developments related to telecommunication as of January 1998. Israel's Phone Communication's contract with Motorola to deploy first code division multiple access cellular network; Philippines Telegraph and Telephone's contract with Qualcomm.
- Data warehousing: Managing knowledge. Handen, Larry; Boyle, Patricia // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan1998, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p61
Focuses on the role of data warehousing in the telecommunication industry. Effects of deregulation, globalization and partnering; Technical architecture of data warehouse.
- Following the market lead. Young, Laurie // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jan1998, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p71
Focuses on the characteristics of future telecommunication services. Importance and value to customer segments; Effects of telecommunication privatization and liberalization, technological and industrial convergence.