Courting Partners South Of The Border
- Only the beginning. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;06/26/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 26, p8
Reports on the approval of the merger between Bell Atlantic Corp. and GTE Corp. by the United States Federal Communications Commission in June 2000. Value of the deal; Services provided by the combined company, Verizon Communications; Annual operating revenue and market capitalization of Verizon.
- Opponents ask the FCC to block new Bell Atlantic-GTE merger. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;12/07/98-12/14/98, Vol. 9 Issue 16, p11
Reports that consumer groups and long-distance companies in the United States want federal regulators to block Bell Atlantic Corporation's proposed takeover of GTE Corporation. Reason behind the consumer groups' and long-distance companies' actions; Value of the merger; Argument of WorldCom and...
- One step closer. Biagi, Susan // Telephony;06/07/99, Vol. 236 Issue 23, p64
Reports on a merger between two telecommunications companies, Bell Atlantic and GTE. Information on the merged company; Other purchases of GTE; Technical hurdles that the two companies should overcome to succeed.
- Competition takes a hit. Greene, Tim; Gittlen, Sandra; Pappalardo, Denise // Network World;08/03/98, Vol. 15 Issue 31, p1
Focuses on the plans of Bell Atlantic company and GTE company to merge, as it relates to the United States (US) Telecommunications Reform Act of 1996. How the proposed merger will affect the telecommunication carrier industry in US; Concerns about the merger; Assets of the combined companies.
- Merger doubts take toll on Bell Atlantic stock. Messina, Judith // Crain's New York Business;08/03/98, Vol. 14 Issue 31, p4
Reports in August 1998 that there was little activity in Bell Atlantic's stock despite the announcement of a proposed merger with GTE Corp. Doubts surrounding the merger; Growth of Bell Atlantic's earnings; Benefits of a merger for Bell Atlantic; Shareholder opposition to a merger with GTE.
- Access drives another deal. Biagi, Susan // Telephony;08/03/98, Vol. 235 Issue 5, p6
Focuses on the merger between GTE Corp. and Bell Atlantic Corp. Terms of the merger; Number of access lines to be created by the merger; Comment by Ivan Seidenberg, chief executive officer of Bell Atlantic; Reaction by Bell companies to the merger; Impact of the merger on GTE's stock.
- Integrating networks will take time. Carter, Wayne // Telephony;08/03/98, Vol. 235 Issue 5, p7
Focuses on the importance of GTE and Bell Atlantic's leveraging of their combined infrastructure on the success of their proposed merger. Comment by Ivan Seidenberg, chief executive officer of Bell Atlantic; Features of GTE's fiber network.
- A `lop-sided' merger of equals. Schmelling, Sarah // Telephony;08/03/98, Vol. 235 Issue 5, p14
Focuses on the implications of the merger between Bell Atlantic and GTE on the Internet access operations of the two companies. Comment by Ivan Seidenberg, chief executive officer of Bell Atlantic; Market share by Bell Atlantic in the Internet services market; Features of the Internet...
- Bell Atlantic-GTE union in the clear. // eWeek;06/19/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p11
RReports on the United States Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) approval of the merger of Bell Atlantic and GTE. Negotiations on how Bell will handle the GTE Genuity Internet backbone business; Federal law prohibiting a local telephone company from offering long-distance services within...