Consortia And Consensus
- Five telecom carriers convert to Bellsouth settlement service. // RCR;06/07/99, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p26
Reports on BellSouth International Wireless Services' announcement that five North American carriers have converted to the BSI-WS International Settlement and Exchange Service.
- Love and war in Latin America. Labarba, Liane H. // Telephony;10/04/99, Vol. 237 Issue 14, p48
Offers a look at the expansion strategy of BellSouth International company to North America's telecommunication market. Business model used by BellSouth when entering the market; Approach considered by the company to help secure their market share in North America; Factors that affect the...
- BELLSOUTH INTERNATIONAL SELECTS OPENWAVE MMSC. // RBOC Update;Jan2004, pN.PAG
Reports on the selection of Openwave Multimedia Messaging Service Center (MMSC) by BellSouth International, to launch its messaging service across properties in Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela. Reason for choosing Openwave,...
- BELLSOUTH CHOOSES HNC TO MITIGATE ROAMING FRAUD. // RBOC Update;Aug2001, p1
Reports that BellSouth International Wireless Services has selected HNC Software Inc.'s RoamEx software for its roaming data-exchange network throughout North America. Seamless roaming capability provided to wireless operators; Near real-time delivery of roaming call detail records;...
- Global Briefs. // Wireless Week;08/23/99, Vol. 5 Issue 34, p19
Presents news briefs on the telecommunication industry. Expansion plans of Conexant Systems Inc.; Information on WAPHead, a wireless Internet portal developed by Mobile Planet Inc.; Purpose of the BellSouth Net eXchange launched by BellSouth International Wireless Services.
- BellSouth launches Net eXchange for carrier data. // RCR;08/30/99, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p37
Reports on BellSouth International Wireless Services' launching of BellSouth Net eXchange, a Web-based interface that facilitates the upload and download of customer data files.
- Tricom signs roaming pact with Bellsouth International. // RBOC Update;Feb2000, p5
Reports on Tricom's signing of an international mobile roaming agreement with BellSouth International Wireless Services. Tricom's membership to the Pan American Roaming Consortium; Benefits of consortium membership to Tricom; Total subscribers and countries served by the consortium.
- BellSouth sees CDMA for Latin America. Luna, Lynnette // RCR Wireless News;9/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p3
Reports on alleged plans of BellSouth International Inc. to convert time division multiple access systems in its Latin American markets to code division multiple access-based 1XRTT technology, a third-generation standard offering high-speed data services and additional voice capacity.
- BellSouth picks Cibernet for roaming. // RCR;01/04/99, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p26
Reports on BellSouth International Wireless Services' selection of Cibernet Global Settlement as its international financial settlement provider.