Leap Buys Out Partner In Chile
- Qualcomm makes leap to two companies. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;09/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p79
Focuses on the expected distribution of common shares of Leap Wireless International Inc., by Qualcomm Inc. Information on the registration statement filed by Leap Wireless; Expected dated of the public trading of Leap Wireless shares; Details on plans of Leap Wireless to deploy Code Division...
- Qualcomm, Leap Jump in to Help Police Department. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;3/29/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p8
The article reports on the move of Leap Wireless International Inc. to donate two years of phone service and Qualcomm Inc. to donate 200 Samsung Messager II 3G phones to the Police Department of San Diego County, California after it plans to eliminate 200 mobile phones from its budget to save...
- Qualcomm To Shake A Flying Leap. Culver, Denise // Inter@ctive Week;08/09/99, Vol. 6 Issue 32, pI-I
Deals with the dramatic changes in the relationship between wireless technology supplier Qualcomm and its spin-off Leap Wireless International. Conditions of the Federal Communications Commission for granting Leap approval to acquire four personal communications service licenses from AirGate...
- Qualcomm spinoff of Leap complete. // RCR;09/28/98, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p22
Reports that on September 23, 1998, the spinoff of Leap Wireless International Inc., was completed by Qualcomm Inc. What investors of record September 11, 1998 received; When regular trading of Leap Wireless began on the Nasdaq market.
- Qualcomm Takes Leap Onto Customer Turf. Freed, Ken // Inter@ctive Week;10/19/98, Vol. 5 Issue 40, pI-16
Anounces the formation of wireless operator Leap Wireless International Inc. from Qualcomm Inc. Information on the company; Views on the service provider operation strategy of Qualcomm; Importance of the service provider operation.
- Leap Wireless and Cricket Take on More Spectrum. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;1/3/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p17
The article reports on the acquisition of Denali Spectrum LLC by Cricket Communications Inc., a subsidiary of Leap Wireless International Inc. in San Diego, California.
- Leap to acquire PCS licenses in Nebraska. // RCR;04/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p19
Reports on Leap Wireless International Inc.'s entry into two separate definitive agreements to acquire personal communications services operating licenses in Omaha, Nebraska, from CM PCS LLC, and in Lincoln, Nebraska from Centerpoint PCS.
- AT&T Rebranding a Wireless Service as Cricket. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;5/26/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 21, p12
The article reports on the acquisition of San Diego, California-based telecommunications company Leap Wireless International Inc. by Dallas, Texas-based telecommunications company AT&T Inc. for a fraction of the deal of broadcast satellite service provider DirecTV LLC at $4 billion.
- BREAKING NEWS. // Wireless Week;05/15/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p3
Presents news briefs from the wireless communication industry as of May 15, 2000. Sale of the Chilean venture of Leap Wireless International to Endesa; Testing of third-generation wireless technology by Qualcomm and Sprint PCS; Contract won by MetroCall Inc. with the city of Austin, Texas to...