Using A Wireless Snare On Poachers
- Atlanta flexes its wireless muscle. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;07/22/96 Supplement, Vol. 231 Issue 4, p9
Discusses BellSouth Mobility's efforts to upgrade its telecommunications network in Atlanta in preparation for the 1996 Olympic Games. Feasibility of the area; Increased demand on BellSouth Mobility's network; Wireless infrastructure upgrades; Various methods employed to improve network's...
- Learning to share. Reeves, Betsy // Wireless Review;05/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p22
Reports on the acceptance of co-location in the wireless industry by some carriers. Increase in the number of cell sites from 1996 to 1997; Co-location on the sites of BellSouth Mobility DCS; Discussion on the management of a number of carriers at the same site. INSETS: Clearing the way for...
- Bellsouth offers two-in-one service. // RCR;11/30/98, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p19
Provides information on the two-in-one wireless telephone service of BellSouth Mobility DCS that allows consumers to answer wireless calls using either personal communications services handset or landline telephone. Mechanics of operation.
- BellSouth Launches One Number Service. // RCR;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p20
Reports that BellSouth Mobility Inc. has introduced its One Number Service for its wireless communication subscribers.
- Don't lose 'em, even if you don't use 'em. Lummus, Laurey // Wireless Review;03/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p8
Reports on BellSouth Mobility DCS' launch of a program which allows subscribers to its wireless communications service to rollover the minutes they do not use during the current month. Goal of offering customers value for the long term; Fee for switching to the new program.
- Apples to Apples? // Wireless Review;06/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p64
Presents the reactions of some wireless communication providers to the rollover service plan of BellSouth Mobility Inc. that allows users to keep any of their unused minutes by rolling them into the next month's bucket of minutes. AT&T Wireless; Nextel; VoiceStream Wireless.
- BellSouth Mobility announces new calling plans. // RCR;05/01/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p18
Focuses on BellSouth Mobility DCS' plan to offer customers with a variety of options for their wireless telecommunication needs.
- Mirror Image. // Wireless Review;05/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p56
Focuses on the safety measures against fraud used by three wireless providers. BellSouth Mobility; Omnipoint; Verizon Wireless.
- Lucent to expand BellSouth's southern networks. // RCR;09/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p25
Focuses on BellSouth Mobility Inc.'s contract with Lucent Technologies Inc. to expand BellSouth's network in Georgia and southern Florida.