Taxing Wireless' Wallet, Patience
- CTIA takes LNP to the Hill. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;5/19/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the help sought by the Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association (CTIA) from the U.S. Congress to stop the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) from enforcing wireless local number portability (LNP). Efforts made by CTIA to stop FCC; Effect of any appropriations...
- LNP Expectations Run The Gamut. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;11/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 23, p16
Discusses the problems that could result from the lack of specific guidelines for customers and businesses who will change wireless carriers under the wireless local number portability legislation in the U.S. Concern over the procedures of number porting between wireless and wireline carriers;...
- ITA's Talk Gets FCC's Attention. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;11/01/99, Vol. 5 Issue 44, p1
Deals with the bill in the United States (US) introduced in the Senate that would direct the Federal Communications Commission to protect private wireless spectrum from auctions. Features of the Private Wireless Spectrum Use Act; Suggestions by the Industrial Telecommunications Association.
- Nextel ups 800 MHz band relocation offer; consensus parties threaten FCC. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;12/23/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 51/52, p3
Provides information on the Consensus Plan proposed by telecommunications group in the U.S. which offers the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) effective solutions to commercial mobile radio services/public-safety interference. Threat of the telecommunications group if the FCC did not...
- Pentagon, states may present opposition for wireless. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;09/13/99, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p30
Presents a look at pending bills and other legislation that the United States wireless industry will try to position for congressional approval in 2000. Include E911 issues; Accounting requirements; Election politics; Federal Communications Commission (FCC) reform; Bankruptcies.
- Carriers to miss June 30 CALEA deadline. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;4/22/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p4
Reports on the preparation of the U.S. wireless industry to meet the required digital-wiretap rules in 2002. Terms of the flexible deployment schedule; Requirement given to carriers by the Federal Communications Commission to implement the Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act;...
- FCC nears decision on truth-in-billing challenge. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;9/4/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p7
The article reports that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission is moving closer to deciding on the issue of truth-in-billing challenge. The decision by the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to throw out the Commission's truth-in-billing order and the agency's unsettled legal strategy...
- It's time to end `tariff abuse'. Toth, Victor J. // Business Communications Review;Dec93, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p46
Comments on the imposition of interstate tariffs telecommunication. Principal functions; Rate-range scheme of the Federal Communications Commission; Arguments for a no-tariff policy.
- Exchange carriers take hit. Olson, Scott // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/7/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p25
Focuses on the mandate of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to lower telecommunication fees in the United States. Insistence of regional companies to adopt reciprocal pay; Details on the internet subsidy system; Effects of FCC decision on the revenues of Time Warner Telecom.