Groups Sign Scenic Trail Pact
- Minn. OKs Privacy Bill. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;5/27/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p22
Reports the broad-reaching telecommunications privacy bill passed by the Minnesota Legislature. Approval of the bill despite opposition from cable and telephone companies; Requirements of bill for telecommunications companies to disclose the consumer specific information; Prevention of targeted...
- PRT can't pull the plug on payphones. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;8/9/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 32, p4
Focuses on the resolution issued by the Telecommunications Regulatory Board to block the Puerto Rico Telephone Co. (PRT) from disconnecting public telephones operated by unrelated private companies in Puerto Rico. Components of the resolution; Controversy on the pending bills issue;...
- TECHNOLOGICAL LANDSCAPE. // Greece Country Profile;2012, p64
The article offers information on the technological advancements in Greece in 2011. It states Greece is slow in adopting technological, advancements unlike other European Union countries and has drawn up legislative framework for research and technological development. It provides an overview on...
- EcTel passes new legislation to boost telecoms competition. Pearce, James // Capacity Magazine;11/7/2016, p1
The Eastern Caribbean Telecommunications Authority (EcTel) has approved new legislation aimed at boosting competition in the region.
- House Resolution after cable dish dealers. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;8/30/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 34, p40
The article reports on the House Resolution 7101 authored by Representative Antonio Silva which will inquire cable satellite dealers who are not charging IVU for telecommunication services in Puerto Rico. House Committee leader RaÃºl Candelario said that the violations contribute to the loss...
- Acts approved by the president. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;7/7/97, Vol. 33 Issue 27, p1023
Cites several legislative resolutions approved by United States President Bill Clinton on July 3, 1997. Includes amendment to section 2118 of the Energy Policy Act of 1992 to extend the Electric and Magnetic Fields Research and Public Information Dissemination program.
- Mo. Senate rejects resolution honoring gay chorale. // Gay & Lesbian Times;4/2/2009, Issue 1110, p18
The article reports on the disapproval of a resolution which honors the Heartland Men's Chorus by the chamber's top leader in Jefferson City, Missouri.
- Senate apologizes to Hawaii. // Human Events;12/25/93, Vol. 53 Issue 52, p22
Reports on the United States Senate's passage of a joint resolution offering an apology to the natives of Hawaii for the overthrow of the Kingdom of Hawaii. Senators who supported the resolution; Reasons for the support; Senators who objected; Reasons.
- Statement on signing the Emergency Supplemental Appropriations and Rescissions legislation. Clinton, Bill // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;7/31/95, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p1331
Presents United States President Bill Clinton's statement on signing House Resolution 1944, the Emergency Supplemental Appropriations for Additional Disaster Assistance, for Anti-Terrorism Initiatives, for Assistance in the Recovery from the Tragedy that Occurred at Oklahoma City, and...