Cellular, The Comeback Kid
- Wireless first. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;02/07/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 6, p9
Discusses asset exchange involving Bell Atlantic, GTE and Alltel sparked by Bell Atlantic's efforts to expand wireless network. Condition of the merger; Comments from the president and chief operating officer of Alltel; Wireless implications of property exchange; Speculation of an analyst on the...
- GTE, Alltel to swap markets. Stacklin, Jeff // Crain's Cleveland Business;02/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p2
Reports on the decision of Alltel Communications and GTE Corp. to swap coverage areas and customers in Northeast Ohio in summer 2000. Launch of marketing campaign to explain the transition to customers; Efforts to accustom subscribers to the move.
- Alltel offers flat-rate plans in Carolinas, no roaming fees. // RCR;09/13/99, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p48
Informs on Alltell's introduction of wireless rate plans that eliminate long-distance and roaming charges on all calls in the South and North Carolinas.
- Alltel introduces free online billing. // RCR;06/26/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p23
Reports the offer of Alltel Corp. of a free online billing system for its wireless customers in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- BAM, GTE and Alltel swap markets. Smith, Hilary // RCR;02/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p6
Reports the agreement among Bell Atlantic Corp., GTE Corp. and Alltel Corp. to exchange wireless interests in the United States. Impact on overlapping cellular properties that would result from the merger between Bell Atlantic and Vodafone AirTouch plc; Terms of the agreement; Expected date of...
- CELLULAR/PCS. // Wireless Week;03/20/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p32
Presents news briefs on telecommunication-related issues in the United States. Predicted growth of the wireless communication market in rural areas; Products to be supplied by Superconductor Technologies Inc. to Alltel company.
- Rate Update. // Wireless Review;03/01/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p72
Explores whether customer service representatives of wireless communication carriers know about and promote their companies' ability to analyze and update customers' rate plans. Rate plan promotion of Verizon Wireless; How Alltel inform its customers about changes in rate plans; Efforts of...
- Regionals provide 2Q spark. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;8/7/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p22
The article reports on the financial results posted by wireless carrier Alltel Corp. for the second-quarter of 2006. The company posted strong second-quarter results with plusses and minuses in all the right places. The industry's No. 5 carrier improved ARPU, substantially cut its overall and...
- Carriers must skip hype, focus on wireless Internet benefits. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;3/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p14
Focuses on the trend in wireless Internet services in the U.S. in 2002. Factors which influence the industry's market acceptance; Information on Alltel Corp.; Strategic approach of carriers.