Stop The Scarced Tactics
- Setting His Sights. Horsburgh, Susan; Green, Mary // People;4/22/2002, Vol. 57 Issue 15, p105
Profiles ABC News correspondent John Miller. Thoughts on coanchoring '20/20' with Barbara Walters; Experience as a field reporter; Biographical information; Interview in 1998 with Osama bin Laden; Social activities.
- David Muir. Thielman, Sam // Adweek;5/13/2013, Vol. 54 Issue 19, p10
An interview is presented with television news reporter David Muir, with a focus on his role as co-anchor of the news program "20/20" on the ABC television network. When asked about his career in television broadcasting, Muir discusses his preference for traveling to cover news stories, his...
- Cut-rate news. Pristin, Terry // Columbia Journalism Review;May/Jun1981, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p16
This article focuses on the role of the Community Information Project (CIP), a nonprofit group of journalists in Los Angeles, California, in the revelation of the monopolistic marketing practices of the Hartz Mountain pet-supplies company, by Mike Wallace on the television show 60 Minutes. CIP...
- Second hand scents. Dichter, Peter // DCI;Apr95, Vol. 156 Issue 4, p72
Comments on an episode of the television program `20/20' concerning fragrances. Irrelevance of perfumes in modern society; Fragrance industry's positioning of perfumes as a sex symbol; Effects of perfumes on various type of people.
- Must-see TV. Dougherty, Marianne; Diaz, Arnold // American Salon;May96, Vol. 119 Issue 5, pM4
Reports on American Broadcasting Co.'s `20/20' television show's segment called `The Secrets of Haircare.' Interviews of beauty professionals about haircare products to prove that the public is being duped by companies that rely on bogus claims; Hairdressers' ability to tell clients what...
- A buckwheat wannabe lands 20/20 on the griddle. // People;10/22/90, Vol. 34 Issue 16, p107
Discusses ABC's embarrassment over a segment of the October 5th `20/20' that featured Bill English, 56, as the actor who played Buckwheat on `Our Gang' comedies. The real Buckwheat, Bill Thomas, died in 1980.
- America's first televised exorcism raises questions about the devil--and the search for high ... Schneider, K.S.; Huzinec, M. // People;4/22/91, Vol. 35 Issue 15, p69
Covers the controversial episode of ABC's show, `20/20,' during which a Roman Catholic priest exorcises a demon from a Florida teenager. Before performing the exorcism, the priest and his colleagues spent six months interviewing the girl and reviewing psychiatric evaluations to see if her...
- QUICK TAKES. Broad, Julie // Electronic Media;05/21/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p9
Presents views from television stations on the change in the time slot of the television program '20/20' in the United States. Schedule from Friday to Wednesday; Loyalty of television viewers on the program; Impact of the change on television stations.
- The week: Friday. Fretts, Bruce // Entertainment Weekly;11/19/93, Issue 197, p78
Pesents an overview of major-channel programming for February 19, 1993. Barbara Walters interviews Barbara Streisand in `20/20.'