The Internet Comes To iDEN
- In Brief. // Wireless Review;12/1/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p8
Presents news briefs on the wireless communications industry as of December 1, 2001. Feature of a cellular phone considered as popular according to a survey by Harris Interactive; Information on the agreement between Nextel and Southern LINC; Number of wireless subscribers that will use their...
- SouthernLINC Wireless CEO Sees Long Life for iDEN. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;4/1/2009 Supplement, p20
The article evaluates the iDEN wireless handsets from SouthernLINC Wireless.
- Southern LINC to use UP.Link server. // RCR;07/19/99, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p5
Reports that Southern LINC, a unit of Southern Co., has licensed Phone.com's UP.Link Server. Planned use of the server to offer wireless data and Internet Services.
- Southern Linc solves data riddle. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;10/04/99, Vol. 237 Issue 14, p98
Presents information on Informance, a suite of service launched by Southern Linc company to address the needs for vertical wireless data applications. Features of the tool; How the tool works; Companies that will benefit from the product. INSET: Briefly.
- Southern LINC offers Internet services. // RCR;09/27/99, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p28
Focuses on Southern LINC's plan to launch a suite of wireless data and Internet services, called Informance Solutions, in October 1999. Key features of the service; Company's partnership with eDispatch.com Wireless Data Inc. to deliver the service.
- Southern Linc offers new data services package. // RCR;10/25/99, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p23
Introduces Southern Linc's Informance Solutions, which includes a wireless Internet dispatching service, vehicle location service and public-safety/law-enforcement application.
- Southern LINC reports growth. // RCR;09/13/99, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p27
Reports that Southern LINC, the digital wireless communication service from Southern Co., increased its customer base from October 1998 to 1999.
- Southern Linc deploys InPhonic's e-mail solution. // RCR Wireless News;10/7/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p9
Reports on the licensure by Southern Linc, the wireless communications subsidiary of Southern Co., of the Wireless Gateway e-mail access solution developed by InPhonic Inc. Business operations of Southern Linc; Information on the e-mail access solution.
- Advertised Cellular Phone Prices. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/06/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p43
Presents a chart related to the advertised cellular telephone prices in the United States from January 16 to 31, 2000.