ITS on The Road to Service
- 39 GHz: No Place For New Kids. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;04/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p20
Deals with the United States Federal Communications Commission's 39 Gigahertz (GHz) frequency band auction which opens on the second week of April 2000. Broadband services for the 39 GHz frequency; Telecommunication companies which are expected to participate in the auction; Geographic area...
- FCC begins broadband inquiry. // Mobile Radio Technology;May2003, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p50
Reports on the issuance of a Notice of Inquiry seeking comment on using electrical power lines to provide Internet and broadband services to homes and offices by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission. Types of broadband over power line addressed in the inquiry; Additional means for...
- Public Proposals Included in National Broadband Plan. // District Administration;May2010, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p12
The article discusses the incorporation of recommendations into the National Broadband Plan issued by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regarding the use of broadband technology in schools.
- Financing and bidding advantages offered in FCC PCS auctions. Crowe, Thomas K. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec94, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p56
Focuses on the proposed financing and bidding measures by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Schedule of broadband personal communications (PCS) auctions; FCC's entrepreneur preference plan; Importance of entrepreneur qualifying bids; General installment payments; Availability of tax...
- FCC to give broadband another failing grade. Jerome, Sara // Hill;4/20/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 54, p10
The article reports on the expectation for the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to reveal that broadband providers are not deploying services in a reasonable and timely way in the U.S.
- Broadband speeds mostly as advertised. Nagesh, Gautham // Hill;8/3/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 116, p13
The article mentions the report unveiled by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) which revealed that most major broadband firms in the country provide access that is 80 to 90 percent of advertised speeds or better.
- VDT networks: Who plays? Who pays? Eby, Deborah // America's Network;11/15/94, Vol. 98 Issue 22, p24
Focuses on concerns regarding the lack of rules from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) governing the payment of broadband capacity. Conception of video dialtone (VDT) by the FCC; Examination of how plans of telephone companies can cover VDT costs during the approval and tariff filing...
- FCC Under fire for Botching spectrum auction. Dawson, Fred // Inter@ctive Week;12/15/97, Vol. 4 Issue 44, pI-6
Focuses on complaints over the way in which the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) handled the auction of spectrum for wireless broadband services, such as Local Multipoint Distribution Service (LMDS). Speculation that the FCC's approach caused uncertainties in companies...
- LMDS auction delayed to boost funding. // Wireless Review;01/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p16
Reports on the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's postponement of the auction for local multipoint distribution services (LMDS) until February 18, 1998. Delay of auction aimed to boost funding; Broadband services offered by LMDS; Schedule of auction.