Ericsson Surprises, Nokia Pushes On
- Ericsson profit exceeds analysts' expectations. // RCR;01/31/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p7
Reports on the pre-tax profit earned by Ericsson AB for 1999 which was ahead of observers' estimates. Business areas which enabled the company to recover.
- Phone Oversupply Dampens Ericsson's Soaring 3Q Profits. Mason, John F. // Electronic News;10/30/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 44, p16
Offers a look at the financial performance of Ericsson in the third quarter of fiscal 2000. Factors which affected third quarter profits; Growth in the company's 2G mobile systems; Percentage of increase in Consumer Products operation; Goals of Ericsson.
- Ericsson Second Quarter Phone Business Records Loss. Malester, Jeff // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/30/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p45
Reports on the net loss of Ericsson company on the second quarter of 2002 in Stockholm, Sweden. Factors contributing the net loss; Business planning of the company for recovery; Comparison with the previous performance.
- Ericsson Q1 Phone Sales Drop 52%. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;04/30/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p113
Reports on the financial performance of Ericsson Inc. in the first quarter of 2001. Telephone sales; Overall sales.
- Ericsson Confident In Network Services Growth. Menezes, Bill // Wireless Week;12/2/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 42, p4
Deals with the optimism expressed by Ericsson Inc. on its growing network services business in the telecommunication industry. Outlook of Ericsson on the handset business; Contribution of the network services business to the company's revenue; Comments from Torbjorn Nilsson of Ericsson on...
- Market: Ericsson Looking Good. // Wireless Week;01/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p1
Reports the increase in stocks of Ericsson company after reporting better-than-expected earnings and projected strong performance in 2000. Projected revenue growth of the company in 2000.
- Network vendors look to China, U.S. for growth. Salazar, Gary E. // RCR Wireless News;2/2/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p17
The article reports that wireless service providers are looking towards markets in China and the U.S. for growth. As reported, spending in China is set to take off as 3G networks are built, and wireless providers overall continue to report profits. Ericsson Inc. posted a profit for the second...
- Strong phone sales boost Nokia, Ericsson numbers. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;05/01/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p7
Highlights the financial performance of Ericsson Inc. of Sweden and Nokia Corp. of Finland. Profits; Net income; Increase in operating profits and sales of Nokia Mobile Phones; Operating income of Ericsson's Network Operators unit.
- Scandinavia's big guns report 3Q profit. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;10/25/99, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p2
Highlights the financial performance of Scandinavian wireless communication companies Ericsson AB and Nokia in the third quarter of 1999. Decline of Ericsson AB's net income; Increase in Nokia's net profits; Performance of Ericsson's mobile-phone business.