GSM Allies Seek Global Branding
- 3G Standards: Unfounded Claims? Brown, Robert L. // America's Network;07/15/99, Vol. 103 Issue 11, p6
Deals with the response of the North American GSM Alliance LLC to an article of Alan Pearce on global system for mobile (GSM) communications. Depiction by Pearce of the third-generation wireless standard; Benefits provided by Canadian and United States GSM operators; Response of Alan Pearce.
- North American GSM alliance joins WDF. // RCR;03/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p18
Discloses that North American GSM Alliance LLC has become a member of the Wireless Data Forum, a technology-neutral trade association for wireless data and mobile computing.
- UWCC, GSM Alliance team. O'Keefe, Susan // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec98, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p22
Focuses on an alliance between Universal Wireless Communications Consortium (UWCC) and the North American GSM Alliance. Support of move to combine multiple code division multiple access-based standards for third-generation wireless; Areas of concern for the UWCC and the GSM Alliance.
- Looking Beyond The Americas. Galatowitsch, Sheila // Wireless Week;08/16/99, Vol. 5 Issue 33, p12a
Focuses on the worldwide growth prospects for time division multiple access (TDMA). Role of Latin America in TDMA's short-term growth; Statistics on the global subscriber base of TDMA, CDMA and GSM; Prospects of a TDMA/GSM convergence; Significance of the agreement between North American GSM...
- GSM, TDMA Players Forge Stronger Roaming Ties. Felps, Bruce // Wireless Week;11/15/99, Vol. 5 Issue 46, p36
Discusses the agreement between the North American GSM Alliance and Universal Wireless Communications Consortium (UWCC) that could open international roaming for subscribers to GSM and Time Division Multiple Access systems. Memorandum signed by the groups that lay down guidelines for joint...
- Sharing the wealth. MEYERS, JASON; Hanley, Michael // Telephony;03/01/99, Vol. 236 Issue 9, p46
Reports on an interoperability agreement between North American GSM Alliance and the Universal Wireless Communications Consortium, backers of GSM and time division multiple access (TDMA). Remarks from Bob Stapleton, president of the North American GSM Alliance; Information on the International...
- Noting big is better, GSM alliance is born. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;08/04/97, Vol. 16 Issue 31, p1
Cites the formation of the North American GSM Alliance, by Seven North American Global System for Mobile communications carriers. Aims of the alliance; Comments from Joe Griffin, vice president of business development for Aerial Communications Incorporated; Goals of the alliance; Names of the...
- Cingular Hits Northwest. // Wireless Week;03/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p28
Focuses on the global system for mobile communications (GSM) wireless service launched by Cingular Wireless in Spokane and Seattle, Washington. Description of its branding campaign; Significance of the technology.
- GSM breaks 200m mark. // RCR;09/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 36, p14
Focuses on the growth of the Global System for Mobile communications market.