Wireless E-biz Insecurities
- The Keys to Wireless Security. Crenshaw, Scott // Wireless Design & Development;Oct2000, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p13
Explains security systems and applications with potential applications for wireless communication. Description of a security system that requires frequent exchanges of public keys; Implementation of a cryptosystems based on factorization and discrete logarithm.
- Wireless networking looks attractive, but what about the cost of keeping it secure? Talley, Brooks; Mitchell, Lori // InfoWorld;05/22/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 21, p92
Recommends security solutions to wireless local area networks. Goal of IEEE 802.11b standard; List of companies that are addressing wireless networking and security; Types of 802.11 solutions.
- Will Security Power M-Commerce? Young, Deborah // Wireless Review;04/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p12
Addresses the issue of security involving mobile and wireless commerce. Security issues that corporations will have to address; Extension of wireline security solutions to wireless devices; Technologies used in mobile commerce.
- Security issues gain prominence. Motsay, Emily // RCR Wireless News;2/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p2
Reports on the issues on wireless communication security. Decision of the Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, California to disable its wireless local area network; Predicted growth of the wireless technology market; Importance of a robust security system.
- A Key Management and Authentication Mechanism for Secure Fast Handover on the IEEE 802.16e. Samuel Woo; Chang-Seop Park // Journal of Security Engineering;Oct2011, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p567
Recently, there is a increase in users interested in real-time multimedia services in the Mobile WiMAX environment, as the demand of smart-phone increases. however, the handover delay based on IEEE 802.16e security policy is not acceptable for the seamless real-time multimedia services provided...
- IN BRIEF. // Intermedia (0309118X);Jan2017, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p3
The article offers news briefs related to telecommunication policy as of January 1, 2017 on topics including the development of an access to information policy, the inadequate security measures of D-Link and the application of regulation for wireless broadband.
- Smartphones are great tools, but at what risk? Tullett, Jon // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (UK Edition);Jul2004, p9
This article focuses on the risk of using smartphones. Mobile phones are allegedly evolving into smartphones. For one, Sony has taken the step of backing out of the personal digital assistant market, choosing instead to back its Sony-Ericsson smartphone line. Manufacturers are cramming new...
- Campaign focuses on wireless safety. Diegel, Steven // Wireless Review;06/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p10
Focuses on the support offered by United States President Bill Clinton on the Wireless Safety Week of the wireless industry. Remarks of Clinton on the celebration; Background of the Wireless Communications and Public Safety Act of 1998; How wireless subscribers take part in the celebration.
- Dear Santa: Send Security. Tran, Dzung // Wireless Week;12/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 50, p3
Commends the move of corporate decision-makers in the cellular telephone services industry are starting to consider the problem of security in wireless communications networks. Discussion on privacy issue in wireless communication; Strategy which companies can employ to protect themselves...